Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have some dsm buddys and they have told me instead of getting a diffrent fuel pump i could run a bigger wire back to it with a relay inline and i could make it push more. this this true?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
hey i have some dsm buddys and they have told me instead of getting a diffrent fuel pump i could run a bigger wire back to it with a relay inline and i could make it push more. this this true?
No. You do not need a larger fuel pump anyway! The pump only provides pressure and your stock pump can support over 220 wheel horsepower.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
NO... You need to start researching how engine management systems interact with the rest of the cars systems. Then what is required to support certain HP level's.

The stock fuel pump is not the limitation in the setup you are proposing. The fuel injectors are. An AFPR is just a band aid and will not reliably do what you want it to do.

I urge you to start researching previous GA16 turbo setups posted on this board, see what others have done and for what reason. This will help to ensure your project is a success.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
ya but i didnt want to have to get me ecu retuned and bigger injectures..
How much power do you want to make? I ask because your stock injectors at stock fuel pressure (3 bar or 44psi)your stock injectors can only support 125 wheel horsepower. If you get an AFPR and up the pressure to 4 bar (59 psi) they will support maybe 145 whp. At 6 PSI on a T25 you will make more than that. The long and short is if you plan on making ANY kind of power you need to change injectors.

I see in other posts you are talking about boost controllers and the like. Screw that, spend your money on a proper setup and then worry about making more power later. You cannot make power without proper fuel and management.

Look at biscuit's setup, he has a good setup for cheap!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im looking for power but im looking to atleast running and not blowing my motor.lol. i know i can use the safc to compensate if i putt sr20de injectors and maf right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts