Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's I think my fuel pump has had it and needs to be replaced. The question is where can I find one for less than 200.00 bucks?? Man these things are expensive and this car is starting cost more than I wanted to spend!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
pull-a-part around ur area ? i found one from a car with 100,000 miles and it works fine... check out ur nearest junk yards .. hope my input helped u ...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope none in the Ct. area,besides I want to be sure that it's good and bone yard stuff like that is tough. No one knoes where they are any cheaper??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nope none in the Ct. area,besides I want to be sure that it's good and bone yard stuff like that is tough. No one knoes where they are any cheaper??
Ebay! got mine for 50 bucks!! it was from like high flow fuel i think buit just search your car and year fuel pump

·
Registered
430 Posts
i'm trying to remember the name of the place, but there's a yard out in Cali that makes it's business off of shipping out Nissan parts...

good prices, a bit of a garuntee...

i gotta go for the night, but i'll get back to you later on it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I saw a place on flea Bay but latley i have been prety discusted with what I have been getting there......If you have the name and the product is good that would be great! but I have to wonder why the place is have the price of every one else???

·
Registered
430 Posts
ahh... 'er we go..

Nissan Only Wreckers - N O W
800) 813-6434

that should be it.. didn't call em, just got the number out of the phone book. so i may have the wrong number but i'm fairly sure that's it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
np...

if i had 1200 bucks that's where i'd get a KA from.

yeah... i said it...

1200 buck for a KA.

;]

·
Registered
430 Posts
KA's the 240 stock engine.
that place in cali is selling lowmileage and maybe? rebuilt KA's for roughly 1200 bucks. not sure about shipping though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok Guy's now i am relly starting to believe that my problem is fuel delivery related because I pulled the pump the other day and the sock was plugged solid with crap! I put it all back in and gave it a test and performance was a tad better. But not by much at all. Does anyone have any idea what the stock pump is supposed to be putting out? I really believe that this is the problem. Everthing else looks perfect yet this thing is the slowest car that i have ever driven in my life heck I barley made it up the hill today with the A/c on and my family in the car! I thought it was just going to stop in the middle of the hill? I think i am going to put a replacment Walbro pump in and give it a little extra fuel. Is there a better set of injectors that will bolt in for more power? I'm not sure I can live with a car this slow....Any other ideas whats up here fella's??

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya well the pump I have I think has seen it's better day's for sure and I have been through everything else with the exception of the fuel injectors and the fuel regulator. I can't believe that either of those things would be causing the issue since the engine only has 46k and looks practically new inside and out. I found the same pump from an outfit on Flea Bay for 99 bucks shipped i am going through it in and see what happens.......

·
B13 GA16DET
206 Posts
Ya well the pump I have I think has seen it's better day's for sure and I have been through everything else with the exception of the fuel injectors and the fuel regulator. I can't believe that either of those things would be causing the issue since the engine only has 46k and looks practically new inside and out. I found the same pump from an outfit on Flea Bay for 99 bucks shipped i am going through it in and see what happens.......
goodluck with the ebay pump...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I know,it does say wallbro and it does have the very same output? I here you though if something does happen who knows what will happen?? I really try to stay away from E-bay deals unless the the guy seems like he is on the up and up and has very good feed back... I will be honest I would never use any sort of E-bay item on my 69 Bird though. This whole thing was supposed to be cheap transportation........

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Guy's I do believe that the problem is solved! I was fooling around with the car when I got home from work and I started playing around shifting with the auto manually. Well when I got back from the store I said to my self,this car runs decently when you shift the sucker manually and has plenty of power??? Hmm well I went back into the manual and did some more troubleshooting with every aspect of what I had done (changed the engine and trany complete). Well I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that this problem seemed to be transmission related?? Well I looked the manual and found a small area that could be adjusted,sort of like a Tv cable on the G.M. cars and trucks. Well I looked at this cable and it looked ok?? WTF?? I continued looking at the trans and cable I had my little guy get into the car and run through the gears with engine off and I told him to push on the gas peddle. All of a sudden I told him to slowly push it sown to the floor, low and behold there it was just like the nose on your face! The darn cable was hanging up and not fully actuating the trans. and when that happens the trany does not see the correct line pressures. I made and adjustment and freed some things up lubed the cable. Low and behold I have the 80hp that has always been talked about! The moral of this story is always check the TV cable aftre swapping the trans or in my case4 the engine and trans!! Now I have to figure out what it takes to get this little thing moving faster besides the expensive stuff (turbo) ....Thanks to all that have been listening and helping out with suggestions!!! Now I need some suggestions on how to pick up power the cheap N/A way!! I have a header coming and I'm in the market for a free flowing air filter. Any ideas?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts