Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 94 sentra as a daily driver and I believe the fuel pump is shot because it will not start and I don't hear the pump. I checked the fuse and pump relay. They are ok. The car will turn over but no start. It was running fine when I parked it. How difficult would it be to change the pump on this vehicle? i.e time, manpower,. If anyone would be interested in giving me a step by step description, that would be even better. I don't know much about this car at all, it was given to me by a friend. Thanks in advance.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
It's very easy. You remove the rear seat bottom using the plastic release tabs located at the front seam where the seat meets the carpet. Then use a 10mm socket to remove the two bolts that hold the seat back in and then lift the seat up to release the catches up top. Use a #3 phillips to remove the four screws that hold the metal plate on. remove the two fuel hoses and mark which is which. Remove the two electrical harnesses. Use a #2 philips to remove the screws holding the metal ring on. Now you can pull the whole sending unit out to remove the pump. Be sure to order a new 0-ring from Nissan or see if the parts store has them. They're not cheap, like $9 but you'll need it because the old ring will swell up and won't fit back in when you put the new pump in. A new pump is like $140. So if you can find it locally, or if you can afford to have the car down another week, order a walbro fuel pump for about $100, just be sure to get the proper lph since you're just looking for an OEM replacement, not a high performance upgrade. I think a 195 lph would be fine but ask the retailer you're purchasing it from to be sure. If you're considering ordering parts in, I'd call Greg Vogel up at Mossy Performance and see what he'd charge for a new pump and the 0-ring. 1-866-55M-OSSY. Greg is a great guy who has taken good car of the Sentra community for years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts