Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mike K did you ever hook up that FP gauge you were going to install? What are your readings?

Mine are:
52psi at 7psi of Boost
55psi at 10psi of Boot
42-43psi 60-70mph or constant cruise speed
38psi at idle but sometimes it registers 42 at idle it depends.

I think my gauge is not 'zeroed' correctly yet it looks correct if you compensate for that.

Anyone else running a FP Gauge?

'97 200SX SE-R
ForceMax Stage II Turbo

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Thomas Reynolds said:
Hey Mike K did you ever hook up that FP gauge you were going to install? What are your readings?

Mine are:
52psi at 7psi of Boost
55psi at 10psi of Boot
42-43psi 60-70mph or constant cruise speed
38psi at idle but sometimes it registers 42 at idle it depends.

I think my gauge is not 'zeroed' correctly yet it looks correct if you compensate for that.

Anyone else running a FP Gauge?

'97 200SX SE-R
ForceMax Stage II Turbo
Checking with my super accurate reference gauge, I have 66 psi at 10 psi of boost and 76 psi at 17 lbs of boost.

I have the 4 bar program.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What super accurate reference gauge do you have?

Ever since the D.C. convention where you talked about the inaccuracies of most timing lights, I have been looking for a used snap-on with a tach readout. Is the snap-on really that much more accurate? (those things are expensive $$$$$) :)

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Thomas Reynolds said:
What super accurate reference gauge do you have?

Ever since the D.C. convention where you talked about the inaccuracies of most timing lights, I have been looking for a used snap-on with a tach readout. Is the snap-on really that much more accurate? (those things are expensive $$$$$) :)
It is a amtech lab grade gauge accurate to withing 1% of the gauge sweep.

I found snap on lights to all read the same while craftsman, sun etc. seem to be +- 2 degrees!

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike I bought an analog Actron Fuel Pressure guage tonight. The needle at first really flickered wildly about 3 psi. Finally it settled down.

At cold idle it was 37psi
With the vacuum line pulled from the FPR (stock) it was 46psi

How accurate is the stock FPR supposed to be? Stock FP 3 bar should be 43.5 to 44.1 depending on 14.5 or 14.7psi calculation of 1 bar. (Everyone I speak with argues whether a bar is 14.5 or 14.7)

So the question is, can 1.9 to 2.5 psi of EXTRA fuel pressure over cause a rich condition as I am experiencing?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Thomas Reynolds said:
Mike I bought an analog Actron Fuel Pressure guage tonight. The needle at first really flickered wildly about 3 psi. Finally it settled down.

At cold idle it was 37psi
With the vacuum line pulled from the FPR (stock) it was 46psi

How accurate is the stock FPR supposed to be? Stock FP 3 bar should be 43.5 to 44.1 depending on 14.5 or 14.7psi calculation of 1 bar. (Everyone I speak with argues whether a bar is 14.5 or 14.7)

So the question is, can 1.9 to 2.5 psi of EXTRA fuel pressure over cause a rich condition as I am experiencing?
It could but I am not conviced that your car is over rich.

Mike

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Tom,

From my handy-dandy "Engineering Handbook of Conversion Factors", 1 bar = 14.504 psi.

HTH is some small way.

How goes it in Jawja?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bahearn said:
Tom,

From my handy-dandy "Engineering Handbook of Conversion Factors", 1 bar = 14.504 psi.

HTH is some small way.

How goes it in Jawja?
It is sweltering HOT this week. Heat index of 105 degrees. So no full throttle blasts at 10psi I can tell you that! Going from business to business today in a black car sucks everytime you get back in it. My A/C never had a chance to keep up.

At least we don't have traffic jams. I just love being the computer guy and walking into a business sweating like I just took a swim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts