Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my fuel curve is rough and I need to smooth it out...so I'm looking at a SARD or Tomei Fuel Pressure regulator and an Apex'i S-AFC to do the job...the SARD FPR faces the wrong way for FWD, so I don't know how well it will work and I think the Tomei FPR is the same way. They said it will still work, but I'm not going at this blind...I was going to wait to get a JWT ECU until I get the cams so I don't have to reprogram the ECU again. Plus, when I do get the cams and ECU, having the AFC won't hurt anything. Has anyone done this combo before and how well will it work? speculation, guesses, criticisms ar all welcome...

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is nobody answering because this a stupid question? The wrong way to go? Has anybody tried this?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you not heard of the Nismo FPR. It is a direct replacement for the standard fpr. I would just get that then go tune on the dyno. Are you running NA or Turbo if NA that is what I would do. Skip the piggyback system until you have dyno tuned the FPR. I have a Nismo FPR on my car. Gained 10whp tuning it on the dyno with my VE. A DE will be less but probably still noticable.

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get your FPR? Nismo would be ideal. My fuel curve is so rough right now, the guy said he thinks that there is at least 5 hp in smoothing it out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought mine from Andreas. You could also go to your dealer. You do not want anything else other then this unit. It will be a problem with a add on unit. Nissan has the Nismo Catalog and the Nissan Motorsports Catalog. Coertesy Nissan and Mossey Nissan are mail orders options also. Good luck. Let me know how it works for you on the dyno.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts