Nissan Forum banner

Fuel Pressure...? Lotsa mods..

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SoCalB14 
#1 ·
I have a newly rebuilt motor... new pistons, rods, crank, oil pump, water pump, head's ported and polished, 7.5lb Flywheel, 1.5lb crank pulley, Cold Air Intake, Pace Setter header, 2in straight pipe no resonator or cat, Magaflow muffler, Apex-I Super AFC (Air Flow Converter).

I've just ordered a fuel pressure regulator and was wondering what kinda PSI I should run...

My problem... as of right now.. it is running really rich.. and will hardly idle... and is on its face up until about 3500rpms and then it takes off... but when we were testing things we noticed when we squeezed the fuel line on the fuel rail it idled so hench the purchase of the fuel pressure regulator my question is; What kinda fuel pressure do you think I should run... with my current mod list...

#2 ·
Around 45 psi. Whatever is stock will be fine. Unless you add boost, the stock computer will have enough headroom to compensate for the mods you add. If you jack the pressure way up (Say 60psi for example), the computer will just pull timing out of the injector pulse to equalize it. If you jack it up too high, the computer will not have enough room to pull the timing down, and it will run pig rich.

I have a bad feeling that the FPR is not where your idle problem is, it is just a symptom of the problem. Chedk for things that make the car run rich like bad o2 sensors, bad MAF's and bad coolant temp sensors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.