Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 92' XE that doesn't have a tach or low fuel light. I would like to install the light if possible. I did a bunch of searching and found one thread in b15sentra.net.

http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10427&highlight=fuel+light

Now my question is, has anyone else done this mod? Will it work for the XE? Is there an alternative to install a light instead of using the seatbelt light? etc.... Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rog

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? has anyone done a cluster swap for my car to one with a tach? does that have a low fuel light?

E

·
0 Posts
I don't know...getting rid of that annoying seat belt light (that stays on for a while even if you're buckled in) sounds pretty good to me. But why do you want a low fuel light? I've found that even when the gas needle is at the "E" bar, or a little below, there is still about 1-1.5 gallons left (based on fuel input vs. 11.3 gallon tank capacity. Anyways, good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.. .you're right.... i'm a religious seat belt wearer anyways.... but to answer why..... a couple of reasons..... my fuel guage isn't as reliable as it used to be.... I suppose it might be a faulty fuel level sending unit.... also... I've been known to take the car way past E ..... just to see how far it can go (like that one epispode of Seinfeld when Kramer was in a car with the auto sales guy).... I'll be taking the cluster apart soon to fix some stuff, but I figure i'd add in the light while i'm in... just to add a lil security in my road trips.....

Rog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts