Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 king cab v6
the fuel is leaking from the elbow on top of the fuel pump is there any way that can be fixed without buying a new fuel pump assembly

·
Registered
60 Posts
If its leaking you might as well go ahead and buy a new one man.Would suck if you were on the side of the road tryin to fix your fuel pump,like I was last week...

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
you can band-aid it with a fuel tank repair kit or with a rubber sleeve clamped over the bend, but in the end, thats all it is - a band-aid.
replace it and save yourself some trouble and some walking.

·
Registered
60 Posts
walking sux=( even with FMIC strapped to your chest and a turbo for a hat you dont get anywhere faster,on the contrary it slows you down =(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol... yeah it probably will end ugly. im only doing it so the truck can pass a safety. As of right now ive replaced both front fenders all tie rods ball joints i have the box off to replace the fuel lines, hanger bearing and reweld the rear frame support (cross member) i just dont have the coin right now to replace that unit but once its safetied and on the road and have the money available i will for sure change it. actually have you guys ever changed the hanger bearing before i need a how to. i bought the haynes repair manual but it is a POS.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
is there enough room on the elbow to slip a piece of fuel line over it? you can then clamp both end. thats the way i would temp-fix it if it was mine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I still say dig deep into those pockets of yours and buy a new fuel pump,atleast look up aftermarket ones and consider what you will need to spend.Lol,i wonder if something like a walbro would even work on this application?I got my walbro fuel pump for $150...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah but would a walbro work on his vehicle?I guess I dont see why not..I got my walbro fuel pump about 4 years ago when I turboed my KA,used it in all of my 240s and its still running strong.Came with a lifetime warranty too,if it ever screws up they just replace it. Asleep ,man I need a body kit.Nothin fancy man,just a cheap body kit,im talkin like $300.Does steve got the hookup?Gotta post a thread on it..looking to get my car sprayed soon.

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
he might have some body kits. steve and i go back. we arent like best friends or anything, but he knows who i am. gotta tell him its asleepaltima from altimas.net for him to give you a discount.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i called nissan and they wanted $272 for a new sending unit then i called a local machine shop and they can reweld (braze) new elbow nipples on the sending unit on for $30 unreal

·
Registered
60 Posts
DONT EVER,EVER EVER EVER call Nissan again,unless you need to know a part number to order something from someplace else.Dealership = REDRUM!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts