Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's working things out preaty good here the only trhing that I have to figure out now is why my 96 Sentra is so cold blooded? I believe that there must be a boarder line problem with my fuel inrichment on start up?? Is there a cold start sensor? If so what is the value of this senso supposed to be? I have no codes on it but If it is startring to get out of wack could this be causing my problem? Or is there somthing else to check?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absalutly! What I am wondering is there a sensor that looks at the coolant temp. and relays that information on weather it needs extra fuel when cold.

·
Registered
42 Posts
With the GA16DE, I think this is how it works. Coolant temp sensor relays the coolant temp to the ecu, if its a cold start then the ecu relays the info to the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve), which opens for a high idle (extra fuel itself does not cause higher idle), then the oxygen sensor tells the ecu to adjust fuel ratio/amount.

I'd start with cleaning the IAVC if I were you, there's a nice write-up in this forum, just do a search.

Your theromostat may be funky aswell. Try to manually pull the codes (that procedure is stickied), just in case your Check Engine Light is busted.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Man but been there done that already. Does the Mas play a part in cold start? I had a code on it and I took it out cleaned up the the grounds and it has been fine since...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts