Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I was hoping some1 might know about this. I am taking my car (02 specV) in for its major maintenance package at 48k km as is recommended by Nissan in their Maintenance Program. I have not followed this maintenance program but I would like to have these major programs done in order to help out with any warranty problems in the future. My question is this, on top of the $500 Canuck dollars this is already costing me they recommend that I do a fuel injector purge and clean for an extra $90. He assures me that they are not just adding injector cleaner to my gas tank but I am hesitant to believe anything they say. He also assured me that I would notice the better performance and gas milage with the cleaning. I have talked to a few people who think that this is a total rip off and I am hoping to see what the Nissan community thought about this or the maintenance program in general.
Thanks a lot :cool:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I've always ran Techtron and had superb results, not just on Nissan but all cars. 48k kms shouldn't need anything more if you ran premium gas in it.

·
Registered
871 Posts
thekyd said:
Premium has the same detergents and crap in it as regular does it not??
Usually not.

Nickzak is correct. If you have been running premium gas, as required by the spec v, then you should be fine. I have seen some people run into diffrent engine issues from running the medium grade gas, but not injectors. 48K km is pretty soon to be looking at an injector cleaning, but I'm sure your perfomance and gas milage would increase mildly. Agian, if you have been running (V*power, or Techron) good premium gas then there will be minimal benifit.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I always run premium and I just did 2 runs of Techron additive and my mileage went up almost 20%. I'de skip the dealer's cleaning and just do 2 runs of Techron designed for 12 gallons of gas.

The 12 gal one is about 7 US bucks a pop, so it doesnt cost much and is completely safe.

And I always spell it Techtron...I don't know why.

·
Registered
455 Posts
NickZac said:
I always run premium and I just did 2 runs of Techron additive and my mileage went up almost 20%. I'de skip the dealer's cleaning and just do 2 runs of Techron designed for 12 gallons of gas.

The 12 gal one is about 7 US bucks a pop, so it doesnt cost much and is completely safe.

And I always spell it Techtron...I don't know why.
Quickdraw on the bottles G! What, did you have em in your back pocket, waiting, for a moment like this?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
sukebegigi said:
Quickdraw on the bottles G! What, did you have em in your back pocket, waiting, for a moment like this?
I'm always ready with my fuel cleaners :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts