Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 nissan frontier with 43000 miles, im driving 2000 miles per month, every time that I take my frontier to the dealer for oil change, they always suggest to make a fuel injection flush, my question is how often should I clean the fuel injection system?

Note: nissan frontier king cab 2.5, 4 cylinders

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,366 Posts
As long as your vehicle is running good and has satisfactory fuel use, then it's not necessary to perform a chemical fuel injection flush. A lot of these stealerships like to make extra money. You can do your own injection cleaning by running some good injection cleaner, like Techron or Redline SL-1 maybe twice a year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as your vehicle is running good and has satisfactory fuel use, then it's not necessary to perform a chemical fuel injection flush. A lot of these stealerships like to make extra money. You can do your own injection cleaning by running some good injection cleaner, like Techron or Redline SL-1 maybe twice a year.
Hi, I'm gonna try one of those tomorrow, thank you so much

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,036 Posts
Nissan advises against using fuel additives. Besides, there are usually additives and detergents in your pump gas to keep the fuel system clean, such as Chevron's Techron or Exxon's Synergy additives. It's a service writer's job to make money for the dealer and they (as well as the mechanics) are often under pressure by the dealer to push unnecessary services like oil flushes, fuel injection cleanings, transmission and coolant flushes. I know because I was a Nissan technician for 16-years! Best thing to do is answer, "No, thank you! Maybe next time!" and keep your money in your wallet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nissan advises against using fuel additives. Besides, there are usually additives and detergents in your pump gas to keep the fuel system clean, such as Chevron's Techron or Exxon's Synergy additives. It's a service writer's job to make money for the dealer and they (as well as the mechanics) are often under pressure by the dealer to push unnecessary services like oil flushes, fuel injection cleanings, transmission and coolant flushes. I know because I was a Nissan technician for 16-years! Best thing to do is answer, "No, thank you! Maybe next time!" and keep your money in your wallet!
Thanks for answer, but I have another question about bypassing the transmission fluid radiator, do you think is a good idea?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,366 Posts
Thanks for answer, but I have another question about bypassing the transmission fluid radiator, do you think is a good idea?
What's your reason for wanting to bypass the tranny fluid cooler? If you eliminate the cooler, the tranny will overheat and get damaged. If you read stories about the radiator/AT cooler problem on older Frontiers where coolant was getting into the tranny fluid, that's been since corrected as far as I know. You can always install a standalone tranny fluid cooler if you're paranoid about that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 2019 nissan frontier with 43000 miles, im driving 2000 miles per month, every time that I take my frontier to the dealer for oil change, they always suggest to make a fuel injection flush, my question is how often should I clean the fuel injection system?

Note: nissan frontier king cab 2.5, 4 cylinders
I have a 2005 Frontier with 246000 miles. The injectors have never had some special process to clean them. Every once in a while (like every couple years or so) I will dump a can of Chemtool B12 in the tank. That's it. Have never had any issue(s) with the injectors.

In my experience - dealerships use your ownership to badger you into their profit scheme. It's about money. That's it. Noting more or less. Just money.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,036 Posts
In your case, there's really no need to do it. The radiator cooler leak issues occurred on the V6 Frontiers and most in the 2005-2010 years. The 4-cyl. models were not affected and of the very few cases of radiator cooler failures post-2010, the latest year model that I've heard it occur in is 2013.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In your case, there's really no need to do it. The radiator cooler leak issues occurred on the V6 Frontiers and most in the 2005-2010 years. The 4-cyl. models were not affected and of the very few cases of radiator cooler failures post-2010, the latest year model that I've heard it occur in is 2013.
Thanks for respond, I was a little concerned about that problem from the old "models"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts