Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spec V's are fuel injected right? sorry this may sound so stupid but i cant find it anywhere in my manual which says its is or not. I bought fuel injector cleaner today just to keep my vehicle in perfect performance shape and now i am wondering if i need it or not.

Jordan :)

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
it says "fuel injected" on the window sticker too ;)

you don't need fuel injector cleaner, and as we've said before on here, it's not good for your injectors. Just run 93 octane gas like you should ;)

·
And justice for All!!!
575 Posts
chimmike said:
it says "fuel injected" on the window sticker too ;)

you don't need fuel injector cleaner, and as we've said before on here, it's not good for your injectors. Just run 93 octane gas like you should ;)

Isn't there some kinda of chemical in those cleaners that eats away at the injector lining? :confused:

·
Registered
871 Posts
vector03 said:
Isn't there some kinda of chemical in those cleaners that eats away at the injector lining? :confused:
potentially yes.

All top level gas (generally 93) has cleaners in it, thats part of what you are paying for. If you run 93 all the time there is no reason to run a cleaner, ever.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i used it today for one tank and one tank only then. I have been using 91 octane its 1.02 canadian right now, i think 92 octane the best you can get it 1.07. Maybe i will fill with those so i dont need fuel injector cleaner.

thanks guys

Jordan :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
the SE-Rs are carbs the Spec-V is FI

PS got my spec today and love it no mo evo

·