Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After messing around with the fuel pump fuse the engine would start, but now it wont start with the fuse pulled. first, the MAF sensor, coolant temp. sensor, and ICV have been replaced. I have searched for hours about the nissan flooding problems and I can't find a solution. This problem is so common I thought someone would be able to help me. My next step is to replace the ECM.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update : I found a certain technique of pulling the fuse to get it to start. If I turned the ignition on/off too much between pulling the fuse it wouldn't start. Also, everyone I ask about this can't help me. When I do find the problem I want to post up the info so other people can clearly search for a solution. With this problem being so common there seems to be no info. about what's causing it.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,279 Posts
There are lots of threads on this.
For my two B14's, both the 1.6 and 2.0, holding the gas pedal to the floor then cranking till it starts works. the dealer ship told both myself and daughter separately to do this.
If you move the car a short distance when cold and switch off it can flood, ie 25 - 50 ft
Holding the pedal to the floor tells the ECU the engine is flooded, it allows cranking but hold the fuel till you release the pedal.
If you have other issues, leaking injectors etc this clearly doesn't work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to drive the car down the road yesterday and it dies when i push the gas more then 25%. And, after it dies it's already flooded. Does that mean the injectors are bad? Should i replace all 4? Do I need to replace the ECM?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,279 Posts
if it wont go over 2500 -3000 rpm then the ECU could be in limp home mode.
Check the codes.
Also MAF produces this problem, have you checked the connections ?
Tried to clean the MAF ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car wouldn't go over 2500 rpm. error codes came back with IAC and the maf. replaced both with sensors from a different sentra, same codes, same problem. I inspected the connection at the maf and couldn't see anything wrong. I will take a voltage reading and post my results. How do you clean the MAF?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts