Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car bucks sometimes, when it does it the check engine light flashes any ideas on what it could be???I already have to put in a starter so i hope its nothing major

·
Registered
450 Posts
It could be many things. But, if you have not changed the fuel filter for a while, that may help. They are not expensive ($15 or so). Have you tuned-up your car lately? Cap, rotor, plugs, air filter, PCV, etc. I have followed a 30,000 mile interval for most tune-up items. Using OEM tune-up parts comes highly recommended here. I have OEM plugs (NGK), and the rest is aftermarket parts, but it is sometimes hit and miss. My car runs great, but maybe would be better with all OEM. You may also want to clean the throttle body. Only need a tooth brush and Throttle Body Cleaner. Cleaning the Idle Air Control Valve may help or may not. It help hesitation and stalling on my car. Do a search. I posted pictures. I also recently cleaned the EGR valve. If yours is sticking open, that could cause the car to buck. Also, I had two sets of plug wires go bad. Last time caused my car to miss. You may also want to check for stored codes. I would verify tune-up is done according to your owner's manual guidelines. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts