Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am the original owner of a 1990 240sx that was in pristine condition untill last year some idiot ran into the back of my car and it was a total. I bought it back and had to come out of pocket around $600 to get the body work and painting done. Anyway I was hit from the back and then pushed into another car and my body killed the seat. It is all bent out of shape. I went to a interior shop and he told me to get a new frame and he would redo my front seat because is is a little worn for $200 the seat and seat back. Is that a good price? I have not had any seat work done so I do not know the rates.
My Main question is where can I find a new frame? He said not to get one out of a salvage yard because it might crack in a few years. He said the seats in 240's have a record of the frame cracking.
THANKS and I love the forum...
MICHAEL

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
peabody67gto said:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am the original owner of a 1990 240sx that was in pristine condition untill last year some idiot ran into the back of my car and it was a total. I bought it back and had to come out of pocket around $600 to get the body work and painting done. Anyway I was hit from the back and then pushed into another car and my body killed the seat. It is all bent out of shape. I went to a interior shop and he told me to get a new frame and he would redo my front seat because is is a little worn for $200 the seat and seat back. Is that a good price? I have not had any seat work done so I do not know the rates.
My Main question is where can I find a new frame? He said not to get one out of a salvage yard because it might crack in a few years. He said the seats in 240's have a record of the frame cracking.
THANKS and I love the forum...
MICHAEL
First off, congratulations on keeping your car! It must be fantastic to be the original owner. I always wanted to track down the original owner of my car and ask him what it was like to buy it, etc.
I've never heard of seat frames cracking. That sounds like complete BS to me. I have original seats, and I've removed the frame from them several times, and it's completely sound. I think he's trying to squeeze money out of you. Furthermore, I think junkyard seats would be absolutely fine. Just inspect the bottom of the frame, namely the two guide rails, for any damage. Also, I think getting seats redone for $200 is highway robbery. This guy is really trying to milk you. Getting a set of junkyard or used seats that are in good shape shouldn't be too hard. Mine are in terrible shape; cigarette burns, the usual wear on the left side of the bucket, etc, but they are still awesome seats. I would suggest just investing in some racing seats, but since you're the original owner, the same young blood that flows through my veins probably doesn't inhabit yours... :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts