Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering... my old man is selling his silverado and wants a Frontier.. I advised him towards an SC because their 210 bhp but I never even clued into the SC is for supcharged lol..

are there any issues with the Frontier SC or are they pretty reliable? how much BHP can you reliably tune them for?

1,267 Posts
I just got mine last month. It's really thirsty, 15 city and 18 highway epa but the best I've done so far is 14.5 city, 15.9 highway (I drive fast though). Can't tell you about the HP just yet, but I'm working on it, there's a boost gauge in the truck and a pulley on the counter. It will get dynoed.....sometime....

·
Registered
195 Posts
or you could look at the new frontier that has more horsepower out of a N/A motor, and they drive and look awesome.

But I h ave an 03 N/A XE-V6 and it's the most reliale truck. My friends and I go wheelin all the time and their trucks go to the shop and mine is still hittin the trails. Nissan makes a damn reliable truck, thats for sure

·
Registered
347 Posts
Tha Sheep said:
I personally dont like the new redesign. Looks too much like a baby titan
That is 1 of NISSANs trademark. Common Engine line, Common pillar and lower fascia, Common Grill line.
Also, it grew up due to the higher request of U.S. playtime. I.E. trailers/fifth wheels and Campers.
I can pull the 26' 5th with ease in my 03 until I hit the high hills. Then I will be sitting with the full size Fords and Chevy 1/2 tons.
So given wider stance opens more options, higher payload from 5k to 5500 and more ponies to make it easier on the Drivetrain.
The Reverend Dyno'd stock on his 05 with over 220HP. That is nice. I would have to put a ProCharger on mine to top that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I might lose a few rep points for this lol but what do you guys think of the 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD edition? (or any Tacoma of similar year for that matter)

compared to the Frontier...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts