Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 02 through current nissan key fobs are backward compatible with 01 model nissans?
My parants lost a set of keys a while back to there 01 frontier SC crew cab and i was thinking of getting a newer fob off of ebay for them.
Is is just the cosmetics of the fobs thats different? At least thats what im hoping.
Thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
abmobil said:
Does anyone know if the 02 through current nissan key fobs are backward compatible with 01 model nissans?
My parants lost a set of keys a while back to there 01 frontier SC crew cab and i was thinking of getting a newer fob off of ebay for them.
Is is just the cosmetics of the fobs thats different? At least thats what im hoping.
Thanks!
Hmmmm :rolleyes:
Did they really LOOSE a set, or just limited your access to the SC?? :thumbup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got a key to the SC but dont really have a desire to drive it.
Its a great truck but its not like its insanely powerful or anytihng.
My 04 is just fine.
We have a couple of spare keys but i just wanted to have a extra fob since they only have one right now.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
abmobil said:
Thanks!
no they are different... look for a fob for an 02-04 fronty xterra or pathfinder, those will werk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts