Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Frontier SE King Cab with an Automatic Transmission. When my truck is in drive or reverse and ir idling at 600 RPMs there is a vibration that comes from behind the dash. As soon as the RPM rises above 700, the noise stops. The noise cannot be hear in Park or neutral because the idle is then above the 700. My mechanic raised my base idle to 700 and that seemed to do the trick (so I thought). The noise is now back and I am afraid to raise the base idle too much further for fear of damaging the transmission. Has anyone else out there experienced the same problem? Any suggestions? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,290 Posts
pflabby said:
I have a 2001 Frontier SE King Cab with an Automatic Transmission. When my truck is in drive or reverse and ir idling at 600 RPMs there is a vibration that comes from behind the dash. As soon as the RPM rises above 700, the noise stops. The noise cannot be hear in Park or neutral because the idle is then above the 700. My mechanic raised my base idle to 700 and that seemed to do the trick (so I thought). The noise is now back and I am afraid to raise the base idle too much further for fear of damaging the transmission. Has anyone else out there experienced the same problem? Any suggestions? Thanks
Get someone else to keep their foot on the brake with the car in Drive or Reverse while you search around for the noise. Something's gotta be working its way loose and it'd be better to catch the problem now versus having it identify itself while sitting in traffic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mystery solved

jerryp58 said:
Get someone else to keep their foot on the brake with the car in Drive or Reverse while you search around for the noise. Something's gotta be working its way loose and it'd be better to catch the problem now versus having it identify itself while sitting in traffic.
The vibration noise turned out to be a speed control cable hitting against an A/C line on the firewall due to a bent bracket. This problem has been solved and my Frontier is once again an enjoyable truck to drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,290 Posts
pflabby said:
The vibration noise turned out to be a speed control cable hitting against an A/C line on the firewall due to a bent bracket. This problem has been solved and my Frontier is once again an enjoyable truck to drive.
COOL! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
A/C vibration

pflabby said:
The vibration noise turned out to be a speed control cable hitting against an A/C line on the firewall due to a bent bracket. This problem has been solved and my Frontier is once again an enjoyable truck to drive.
I have a high frequency Vibration coming through the steering column, brake pedal, and/or floor boards when the A/C compressor is operating on my 05 Frontier and the dealer told me that they all do it!?#%$&*. :thumbup: I hope that is all that is causing my problem, an A/C line rubbing the firewall!
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top