Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to swap a 2010 Frontier SV cab onto a 2018 Frontier SV frame. I need to remove the 2018 cab, problem is that I have to do this in the yard with gravel driveway. Has anyone removed a SV cab before and can you tell me how you did it. The cab has been gutted of everything included doors. Thank You for any responses.

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
41 Posts
Yes. It can be done. Just take your time or a few day. I would park under a big tree so you can hang a horse n takel chain for lifting the cab. Then drive the old truck out of the way and drive the next truck under the tree to drop the new cab onto. It will take a few day. Thinking and artect is the way. Don't speed like mechanic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
steveX, I wish I had a big tree to use. I had thought about going that way. A big Oak tree I could have used was dead and had to be cut down before it fell on the house, I don't have any other trees I can use. I have looked at YouTube videos for using an engine hoist to lift a cab off, but all of them have been for older models of trucks without extended cabs or dual cabs like the SV. Also being on a gravel driveway it would be almost impossible to swing the cab out of the way. This would have to done for the second cab also. My current thought is to possibly lifting the cab from the bottom using bottle jacks which would still leave me with having to move the cab away so I can do the same thing for the second cab. Thank You for the response, you are correct this is an architectural and timing issue. I just need to find the best and safest way to do it.

Thank You

·
Registered
2003 Nissan frontier XE D22
41 Posts
No don't use a engine hoise. It will get worst. Just find four personal to lift each corner and move the bed to the other vehicle is much easier. Pay them $20 each for the hour of lifting and moving the bed. The bed only weight approximately 200-300lbs.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,869 Posts
No don't use a engine hoise. It will get worst. Just find four personal to lift each corner and move the bed to the other vehicle is much easier. Pay them $20 each for the hour of lifting and moving the bed. The bed only weight approximately 200-300lbs.
He says he's swapping the cabs, not the beds.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,869 Posts
I've only R&R a truck cab twice. Once it was with a vehicle hoist and I lifted the cab off of the frame. The other time a large forklift was used with straps under the roof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts