Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
cruise control help....

hey guys...

i have a problem with my cruise control...just got my nx and the owner isnt sure whats up...he replaced the horn and i thought it could be the fuse but its not...i also tried the clutch but that isn't it either...any other ways of resolution without taking it to the dealer...

thanks for any help...;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry...

sorry for the repost...i changed the question and i promise i wont do that reposting again...i forgot that i posted here already...

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Why is this thread titled F STB and then you're asking about your cruise control? What does replacing the horn have to do with your cruise control? You gotta give more info, help us help you. The cruise is just flat out not working? I would be checking to see if voltage was getting to the solenoid for one thing, and if that appears to be working, then I'd be looking at the hose to see if it's not holding a vaccuum. The Cruise seems to be fairly simple, troubleshooting it shouldn't be too difficult.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
read it on se-r.net...

the reason i mentioned the horn is that i read on se-r.net that the relay for the horn and cruise are connected and some ppl had difficulties with either one because of the other...so i just mentioned it to be safe...hmm can u tell me how do i check for vacuum? i will try checking the voltage first...

thanks!

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Well the cruise solenoid/pump thing has a hose that goes to the diaphragm that operates the cruise throttle cable. Just unhook it from the diaphragm and see if it sucks air in when the cruise is operated. You might have to put the car up on jacks and have it in gear so that you can get the car up to speed for the cruise to even work. Kinda dangerous, but if you're careful about it you should be ok. If the solenoid pump thing operates then it'd have to be the hose is leaking or that the diaphragm assembly is shot. If you have a vac gauge, you could also try to get the vac gauge to sit on your hood while its hooked up to that hose and drive and it should show a vacuum when you set the cruise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts