Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 2 new front strut mounts as I am tired of buying new tires every 5 months cuz they rip due to bad mounts and not being able to keep alignment.

#1 what is the part im looking for
#2 where should i buy it
#3 where should i have it put on
#4 how much am i looking at

·
AUTOBOT!!!
210 Posts
ny98max said:
I need 2 new front strut mounts as I am tired of buying new tires every 5 months cuz they rip due to bad mounts and not being able to keep alignment.

#2 where should i buy it
NISSAN dealer. And don't say it'll be to expensive because since its the oem part you probably come out cheaper in the long haul

·
Registered
35 Posts
ny98max said:
well NTB called me and quoted me $90 per strut tower mount
and $90 per hour labor for 2 hours.
total w/ alignment they said like $470 i was like yeah right.

which nissan dealership would you recommend for service?
You can get the parts and me or someone on here can do the labor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
02SunnyB15 said:
You can get the parts and me or someone on here can do the labor.
i wouldnt recommend courtesy... they wanted 43 bucks to put my camber bolts on i'm like screw you i'll put them on myself and go somewhere else that doesnt charge 80 bucks for the alignment too... get someone else to put on your stuff as far as the alignment goes you're on your own... imo everywhere i've ever seen charges too much for alignments. Just dont let them get away with charging you X dollars for something you can do you yourself for free. If i could do my own alignment i would but unfortunately the greedy bastages have me there

·
Registered
80 Posts
ny98max said:

#2 where should i buy it

1, 2- front strut mount insulator - 31.13 @ courtesy parts
3- anywhere. rent some spring compressors and give me a garage to work in.
4- pm me if you want me to do it... a shop would probably charge 1.5 - 2 hrs labor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ny98max said:
thx guys i think adrien gonna help me tomorrow.
ill prolly need to jack up the front end..
do you really need to take the whole strut off + springs to replace the mount on top?

ummm... have u never looked behind your wheel?... i'll give you a cookie if u can do the install without jacking up the front end.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
yes. you have to remove the strut, compress the spring, and remove the upper mount. the parts that are worn are the parts that hold the spring onto the strut.

Please make sure someone that's done a strut job before is helping you with this.......

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
ny98max said:
that aint right man, the spring and strut are fine, the part thats worn out is the plastic bearing and the mount itself.
the spring/strut r fine
alex you can reuse the struts but you need to release the springs and stuff to get that mount off cuz that where it bolted onto is the strut.

the struts are fine dont change it but you still hafta take them off to get to the mounts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ny98max said:
that aint right man, the spring and strut are fine, the part thats worn out is the plastic bearing and the mount itself.
the spring/strut r fine

actually we are right.... considering how many suspension swaps we've done... we know our shit :)

go get a haynes.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
okay.. go ahead and pull that strut mount off...

to get to it, you'll have to remove the strut from the car. ther'es one 17mm nut at the top. remove that nut and be sure to aim it at your head...
do that once and you'll listen to us from now on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts