Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put on a front strut bar on my 97 200 sx, and its making all sorts of noise. can someone let me know if i have it on backwards, i put the open ended circle on the left hand side (aka the passenger side). i tightened all of the screws but it still makes noise. does anyone have this problem or any ideas of what i can do to get rid of the noise? thx

·
Banned
809 Posts
ok..

Ok, check the middle bar..

if you have the same one i do, then there is the middle bar, adn the passenger, "complete circle" with the BIG black screw, that screws into the main bar, and there is a C 1/3 circle peice looking thing, for drivers side, what i did was this

--bolt down passenger side complete O ring All the way.
--screw both sides into the bar.
--twist the pieces, by dropping on the screws, then lifting to make adjustments.
--put drivers side ring on, and check to make sure that there is NO freespace whatsoever, then screw it down.. bolt that mo ' fo' down like never before.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool i will take a shot at that. but the noise was really annoying
thx for the help

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
What brand is it. A lot of the bars for the Sentra/200sx don't fit over the engine. Everytime you increase the throttle it'll rattle against the bar. I had the same problem until I got a different bar.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
What kind of bar did you have?? What other bars have problems?? I plan to get this strut bar because the company is located here in my city and it is pretty inexpensive. Hope it fits. If it doesnt I can return it, they already told me.
here is the link and tell me what you guys think. 209.87.151.155/search_results.asp?PAGE=2&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=sentra&btnSearch.x=11&btnSearch.y=14

Has anyone ever bought one of these bars?? does this look like another bar?? Im

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Teknokid said:
What kind of bar did you have?? What other bars have problems?? I plan to get this strut bar because the company is located here in my city and it is pretty inexpensive. Hope it fits. If it doesnt I can return it, they already told me.
here is the link and tell me what you guys think. 209.87.151.155/search_results.asp?PAGE=2&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&txtsearchParamTxt=sentra&btnSearch.x=11&btnSearch.y=14

Has anyone ever bought one of these bars?? does this look like another bar?? Im
Those are the same bars found on ebay. Auto Dynamic uses EBay to sell some of their products.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
Try either stillen *cough* EXPENSIVE *cough*. Or either Mossy Nissan (california) or Courtesy Nissan (texas). I have a bar from Courtesy and it fits perfectly.

I also have a bar I couldn't return sitting in my Garage (rattles against the engine everytime I'd step on the throttle), Ractive.

I've tried 3 separate bars from ebay and NONE of them work. You might have to spend a little more, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have a ractive...

i dont have the problem Timbo had... but it does slightly rub on the underside of the hood. i plan on going CF hood anyhow sometime soon. and the bottom of it hits the tubing on top of the throttle body but i have been told that this tubing can be replaced with longer tubing to make room.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought strut bar from ebay and it has worked fined for me. It was only 30 dollars and was from espeedgogo. I was apprehensive at first buying such a cheap strut bar, but it fits perefectly, no noise, and has increased my cornering ability a little bit.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I just bought the front strut bar from autodynamic and from what i hear are being sold on ebay. Well i have a problem. It does rattle or anything but it the hood doesnt close right. I mean it does close all the way but i can see the bar rubbing against the hood and when i pop the hood it resonates against it so it sounds louder. What can i do??

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your halos look tiiiight!! I wanted to purchase a set but wanted to hold off on the GTR front end. Eh! does it rattle or make any crazy noises?? If not I might purchase it asap!

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
I figured it out. They gave me the bar for a 90-94 sentra. Its the blue one. Tee one i need is a black one. But the thing that gets me is that the blue one has like a slit on it for the a/c lines so i thought that one was it. I'll take it back on monday to autodynamic.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I picked mine up from NOPI (not dot com, the store..gotta love living near the werehouse) for $75, it's a double bar and not a single but the only two problems I had was the cover on each end of the bar near the mounts (which I removed and tossed, they were just weight after all!) rubbing the bottom of the hood and before I changed to the Stillen CAI it would smack against the stock airbox when you cranked the engine cold. Other than that I've had no added noise from it. Seems I got lucky, lol. Funny thing is, I can't use a straight bar (from mount to mount) I had to use the one that looks like it fit the earlier sentra models, the ac lines blocked the bar completely. That may have been caused when I had that side of the car repaired due to an idiot in a mini-van making a right hand turn from the left hand lane with me in the middle though.../sigh...mini-vans are all driven by satan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts