Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo, i was looking into buying a front strut bar for my 02 se-r. Do they signifigantly change how the car handles or is it just a very minor change in handling?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
your 02 SE-R should already have one ;)

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Not really. You're better off getting a control arm brace. Even then, handling won't be noticeably improved.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Thicker front bar does virtually nothing. I have a NISMO sticker on my OE one and people ask me if it is aftermarket all the time. The 2 big ones are a rear sway bar and lower tie bar; this is night and day. A brushing kit is also a plus, and obviously a damper kit is going to be a big plus as well.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
actually, the front and rear sway bars do the most. Most accounts I've heard on the lower tie bar are that people don't notice the difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lower Tie bar is good for the torque steer, nothing else.

after FSTB u should def get the RSB. then LTB, and last FSB. but then the car will understeer like a mofo.

i love understeer.... mmmmmhhh

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
First off, I misread the original post. I thought he was writing about '92, not '02. I know no details about the B15.

Second, the lower control arm brace has nothing to do with torque steer. That's a function of axle length differences and whether or not the car has a limited-slip diffy.

On the B13 and B14, the lower control arm brace looks to be the most bang for the least buck when it comes to stiffening the car. Still, not a significant change according to seat of the pants.

·