Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 ExCab 4x4 with the big flush mount headlights. Has anyone done a swap to the smaller recessed headlights? I would like to do that so I can replace the factory black grill with a nice shiny chrome one (not sure why they didnt make chrome grills for the big headlight models).

this is going to be kind of the deciding factor on what color I paint it. If I cant swap the grill I will just go back with white.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a picture of my 89.

Notice how the headlights are flush mount with the grill? The reason I have the nice diamond plate toolbox and bed caps is because it really looks good with the dark blue I painted the truck (black sapphire to be exact). When I painted it, I didnt know there was a difference between the front ends.

Looking at your Avatar it looks like you have the smaller recessed lights on your truck. Thats what I want to go with. Then I can get the chrome grill (the bumper is the same) for both I believe.

Here's a little closer look.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What you are wanting to do is swap to a 95 grille, bumper, and headlights, correct? If so, you need the sealed beam headlights,bezels,pigtails, grille and bumper. They are a direct swap. You won't need to swap the core support.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, here are two examples of the 86.5 - 92 or so 'recessed headlight' front end.

If you want to go to a chrome grille, this is the headlight you need (they dont make a chrome one for the flush mount ones.

Here's another one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, they dont make a chrome grill for the flush headlight front end. I dont know if they are the sealed beams or not, but that is what I have heard about the lights. One is a sealed beam, the other is not.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
You would have to change the grille, headlights and sidemarkers and it will work. Fenders, hood, radiator support, bumpers are all ok, no need to change them. Probably have to splice in some new connectors (solder & shrink wrap)

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as I know, they are the same headlights should be a Silvania H6054 part number, for the 86-92 model HB.

As far as 93 and up, I couldnt tell you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yo if you want a chrome grill for that style front end without swapping and all that BS. just get the chrome grill from a 90-95 pathfinder. it has the big flush mount headlights. i was gonna use that grill for my 89 2x4v6 but im just gonna use the bumper and my ol black grill. they also make euro headlights for our rare breeds. hope that helps man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts