Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my '07 Frontier in for its second service (don't drive it as a primary vehicle).

http://www.nissanforums.com/frontier/135986-just-bought-07-frontier.html

When they rotated the tires, they found that the front end was not aligned and that the tires had been damaged. They replaced the tires and aligned the front end under warranty, but they had to install a bolt kit as the OEM bolts didn't have enough adjustment room on them.

The kicker is that had I not been within 12K miles, the warranty wouldn't have taken care of this issue, and I would have had to spend $175 for the bolt kit. I think it's nuts that they are sending the trucks from the factory with bolts that don't have enough adjustment in them when they have a bolt kit to fix the problem.

Why not just use the bolts from the bolt kit in production?

Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same thing happened with my new Ford Van when it was new. They replaced all the adjusting bolts under warranty because the factory bolts wouldn't allow it to be set to factory specs.
When I get a new car (or truck) I get to Goodyear within the first hundred miles. Regardless of the tire brand installed, I get road hazard put on all five tires. Twelve dollars a piece guarantees me free flat repair, rotation and balance plus prorated replacement for the life of the tire. While it's in I have the alignment checked on the computerized machine plus I get the mechanics to run an air wrench on all the undercarriage bolts. This particular Goodyear store knows me and quit asking years ago why I'd align a brand new vehicle. Every one I've brought them has come misaligned from the factory so it's a bit of money well spent.

·
Registered
737 Posts
After sometime in '05 all 2nd Gen Frontiers have been coming out without camber bolts. There is no adjustment as there is no offset, but as you said if you have an alignment issue they should cover it under warranty for the first 12k.

If you plan to do a suspension lift you will need these bolts replaced. I don't know when in '05 the change was made, but mine has the adjustable bolts (Jan. build date). Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts