Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you all get on front rotors?
Mine seem to keep warping but the odd thing is that they can go from bad steering wheel shake and break petal shake to almost gone while driving.
Should this shaking be varying?
I've only gotten about 25k miles out of them.
Suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,375 Posts
The rotors on a vehicle can typically last anywhere from 30,000 to 70,000 miles; the rotors can last quite a bit longer (as much as 3 times as long as pads), but again this depends on many factors like your driving conditions and brake system maintenance. If you install cheap rotors and do several hard stops, they'll warp immediately; that's because the cheap rotors don't have the good quality hardness that OEM rotors do.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
The rotors on a vehicle can typically last anywhere from 30,000 to 70,000 miles; the rotors can last quite a bit longer (as much as 3 times as long as pads), but again this depends on many factors like your driving conditions and brake system maintenance. If you install cheap rotors and do several hard stops, they'll warp immediately; that's because the cheap rotors don't have the good quality hardness that OEM rotors do.
The shaking you report is normal for warped rotors. my OEM rotors warped under warranty but they would not replace them because warranty was nearly up and it was not to bad when they tested them. however when hot it was much worse.
re replacement rotors. I purchased sloted drilled rotors and they lasted over 120k and were fine when I sold the 2003 pathy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts