Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Kicks, purchased in Canada, has an issue with the front collision avoidance sensor. Within a few months of purchase it came on one rainy evening. Corrects itself when I start the vehicle the next time. It happened several more times and the dealer first attempted a connection issue fix, that didn't work so they replaced the unit. All worked fine for about 4 months. Recently it came on again and does the same reset the next time I start the vehicle; seems to happen at night, twice in rain and once on a dry night. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their Kicks or other model?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,270 Posts
My 2019 Kicks, purchased in Canada, has an issue with the front collision avoidance sensor. Within a few months of purchase it came on one rainy evening. Corrects itself when I start the vehicle the next time. It happened several more times and the dealer first attempted a connection issue fix, that didn't work so they replaced the unit. All worked fine for about 4 months. Recently it came on again and does the same reset the next time I start the vehicle; seems to happen at night, twice in rain and once on a dry night. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their Kicks or other model?
I have a 2018 pathfinder with Adaptive cruise. In heavy rain and spray on the interstate from hurricane last year the radar dropped out.
Re started OK, and continued to be fine.

I assume this is the radar unit in the chrome Nissan on the grill ? So if they have replaced it I assume its water getting into the unit and perhaps not draining out. Talk to dealer and see if they will bring the mechanic up front. perhaps it needs sealer to the plastic grill and examine the bottom for any drain hole.
Good luck.

BTW looked at a kicks yesterday with my daughter for my 17 yr old granddaughter.
May be to much money!
What do you thtink of it ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts