Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just now I got a dent from a truck on my car...05 sentra 1.8s....how much do you think it will cost to get the bumper replaced....? could you give me a ruff exst.... thanks
Jason :cheers:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
this belongs in cosmetic. Please, in the future, place posts where they belong.

·
Registered
147 Posts
hmm...take it up to nissan to get an estimate....prolly a few hundred for the bumper...then another few hundred(or more) for painting/installation....b/c my friend had to get a bumper replaced on his ford focus due to a accident...i know his is a ford...but it is as close to an example of the cost i have...hope you get it fixed...!

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks alot man, sorry mike....i was kinda angry that i got into an accident so i kinda wanted to know asap about the price and stuff...but ill be sure to post it in the right place next time....thanks alot everyone...

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
you may get an aftermarket bumper (body kit) cheaper then a stock bumper, you may want to check into that as well. The dealership is gonna be pretty high so it may work out better.

Also they may be able to fix the bumper, but it will probalby be cheaper to just replace it. But like I said, you may want to look for an aftermarket bumper and you'll probably save a bit because of that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
use a heat gun and try to pop it out before you go and buy a new bumper :rolleyes:

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RBI*04 said:
use a heat gun and try to pop it out before you go and buy a new bumper :rolleyes:

.....not really sure what that means.....could you explain please...?
If I did get a aftermarket bumper, wouldnt I have to the the whole thing because it would look weird if i just have the front bumper instead of the whole thing. or would it not..? and considering my car is 05 i dont think any aftermarket bodykits are out....

·
Registered
851 Posts
heat the bumper up where it was dented and try popping it out. it should pop right out.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, ill put up a pic of what it is....but i went to the nissan dealer and they dont do body work.....which i thought was outragous....lol
:cheers:
Ill post pic asap!

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
AsianJKim said:
but i went to the nissan dealer and they dont do body work.....
they'd rather just replace the parts, easier cheaper on them.

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
xbrandonx said:
they'd rather just replace the parts, easier cheaper on them.
it also takes them out of the loop if something goes wrong. as in, if they mess up the paint, and a half-year later it startes bubbling or flaking, they have to replace it for free. and thats money out of their pocket.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to the dealer and they said $800 for the bumper being replaced. I think that's outragous. I'm thinking of getting a aftermarket bodykit. How much do you think it would cost for a R33 or R34 front bodykit...? Jason :cheers:

·
Registered
851 Posts
AsianJKim said:
I went to the dealer and they said $800 for the bumper being replaced. I think that's outragous. I'm thinking of getting a aftermarket bodykit. How much do you think it would cost for a R33 or R34 front bodykit...? Jason :cheers:
why would you go to the dealer? go to a body shop, i can almost garantee that they can pop out the dent and repaint if they HAVE TO for under 300 bucks.....and thats better than any cheapo bodykit.

stock>bodykit 90% of the time :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
AsianJKim said:

Jason. That is just insane. There is no way its $800. That's a little too much don't you think? I would search around for a used front bumper but you have an 05 right? It is very rare to find people with spare bumpers.

·
PowerdBySteamtoCookRice
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, when they told me that...my mouth litterally dropped like 2 feet. I was thinking...."are you on crack...?" I could play 4 months payments with that kind of money. So im thinkin of checkin out other places and seein what their prices are...if they are still high...i might just get a bodykit for my front bumper. Could you give me some ideas on what would look good on a sentra for bodykit..? I was thinkin R33 or R34 but i dunno...:) :cheers:
Jason

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
the price sounds about right. Stupid arm rest for 95 sentra costs like $80 from thm i think and a stupid fuse for A/C is like $40 or something. EVERYTHING at the dealer is EXPENSIVE.
Another alternative: Junk Yards, eBay

1 - 20 of 23 Posts