Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put up the skiis and went to town on the dented bumper. Found one at the jy for $65. The thing was rusted out beyond use. So I bought a new bumper and retaining support from Partstrain.com. $35 for parts and $45 s&h. The retainer is not for a B12. Still dealing with them on that one. So I scabbed all the parts from the old bumper, (except for the main steal bumper and cover) pounded them out straight and used the bumper cover that I got from the JY with the part I got from Partstrain and the rest of the parts from the original. Confused??? Point is, it was really easy. Just takes time. Also replaced the headlight. It had a rock chip in the lense and moisture decayed the reflective foil like stuff inside the housing.

Also replaced the exhaust manifold in the Infinity. (VG30DE) The kid snapped off one of the bolts in the head. Had to buy a pnuematic angle drill to drill it enough to get an easy out on it. One manifold was $260 plus gaskets. Feels like at least a 20% power increase.

Next is replace the front door windows but tint them before they go in.

Been teaching the daughter how to drive a stick. She has since informed me that she will own the car in a couple weeks. WTF did I get myself into?

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Popkorn said:
Been teaching the daughter how to drive a stick. She has since informed me that she will own the car in a couple weeks. WTF did I get myself into?

:thumbup: HAHA awesome. Passing it down like a priceless heirloom.

·
M-Unit Racing
627 Posts
My mama passed her 89 Sentra down to my sister...and now I have it. It just keeps getting passed down. Maybe one day Ill pass it down to my son or daughter (NOT!).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's gonna have to duke it out with her mom. We just paid off the Neon and that one was supposed to be the "chick" car. Wife wants to bump me into the pickup/Durango and she wants the coup for commuting. It fits her petit frame much better than my 6'3 205lb ass. Nobody wants to drive the Neon lol.
So, my sons sister, my ex-stepdaughter, well, still pretty much my daughter, gave us her 96 EX Accord. It's loaded, moonroof, AC, cruise... I tuned it up about 6 months ago. It runs great, think it needs a ball joint. But now I got 6 cars parked out front. They all run, insured and they're all registered. ANyone wanna buy a Honduh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts