Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the latest snowstorm, my beloved, 2006 Pathfinder LE mets it end when a large pine tree fell across its roof:
Snow Plant Window Branch Tree

After doing a lot of searching for a replacement, I decided to purchase a 2012 Xterra S. It does have 158K miles on it, but the CARFAX shows one owner who purchased it from a dealer in Frederick, MD, and continued to do the majority of its services at the same dealer until they traded it back in. Oil changes were every 3000-4000 miles until it got higher in miles, where they were usually performed every 5000-8000 miles. No crashes or flood issues reported on the CARFAX, either. Upon the road test, I noticed a noise in the rear, which turned out to be a bad diff. The used car dealer is currently taking care of that; I would imaging they'll probably get a used axle assembly and swap it out. It comes optioned with fog lamps and step rails. The NADA clean retail value is around $13K; the used car dealer had it for $10,500, which seemed like a deal to me and they even included the doc fees and will include a 30 day warranty on the rear axle, which I requested. I'll probably be picking it up next weekend. I guess I'll be paying more attention to the Xterra section from now on!

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to swap over my V8 Pathy front brake conversion from my Pathfinder, but the Xterra has 16" wheels. I could have used the wheels from my Pathfinder, but I don't think I'd like the look of the LE wheels on the Xterra. So, I purchased a set of 2022 Frontier alloys with only 35 miles on them, wrapped with P265/65R17 Michelin Primacy LTX tires. They were $1250+tax+free shipping; the tires, alone, sell for around $265 each. They'll look like the wheels on this Frontier:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts