Nissan Forum banner

From HONDA TO NISSAN

13K views 93 replies 50 participants last post by  myoung 
#1 ·
How many of you had a Civic or Accord and changed to Nissan and wont go back, or vice versa, I myself had a 88 corrolla before my sentra , but since the civic is in direct competition with the sentra,civic,corrolla,and protege, which do you like and why?

#27 ·
**WARNING SARCASM**

What kind of Civic do you have anyways?? Seeing as though you had an XE sentra, you probably bought a civic DX or LX. cause you know, they are the fastest.
**SARCASM OVER**

Maybe an EX?? My GXE with only a CAI can beat a DX and LX (5 speed) EX (auto) dont know about 5 speed EX though. The Si is quick but is too common now adays. Especially those blue ones that people tint the windows light blue. Seriously, civics are played out. Unless you plan on going turbo or supercharged, putting down serious HP numbers, dont waste your time on a civic.
Honduhs do last a long time and are good cars but they are just too common. I really wish you would have stuck with nissan but, your choice is your choice and I have to respect your decision. Nissan and Honda both have their pro's and cons but I think nissan wins with a better pro to con ratio. thats just my opinion.

#28 ·
i used to have an accord that was modded. it had i/h/e, coilovers, and rims but i got tired of not being fast at all. so i went out i bought my 91 se-r. now i laugh at hondas(well civics, accord, and some integras) all i have on my car is an AEM CAI and JWT S3s. i dont know if i'd go back to honda or not, though. i think that classifying all hondas as slow and crappy is a little premature. the rsx is and awesome car, blows the integra away. but when it comes right down to it, i love my nissan and when shopping for a car i always look at nissan first.

#29 ·
the rsx is and awesome car, blows the integra away. but when it comes right down to it, i love my nissan and when shopping for a car i always look at nissan first.
Well yeah, most $80,000 cars are. You say the same about the GT-R (which would kill an RSX). We are comparing 'reasonable' priced cars. If I could afford an RSX, I wouldn't be driving a 200SX.

#31 ·
Im not saying all Hondas are slow. The integra GS-R and Type-R are really fast cars. The Honda Prelude is also a fast car. The new Acura RSX is a tight and fast car.
Im talking about those heavy ass accords that only have 140 HP and it isnt enough to beat a sentra with only 115. (at the crank).
Dont get me started on those civics with those annoying exhausts that sound like crap.

#33 ·
OPIUM3 said:
You would be surprised how many sentra's I've seen that have exhausts that sound like crap. C'mon now... let's not place all the blame on honda's.

Amen to that: anyone can add a 16 foot exhaust tip for noise and annoyance, regardlesss of the car's orginal maker. The difference is, there are simply more Honda's per capita out there than Nissan's; thusly, more have been "modified"....this, in turn, also means that of those "modified" Hondas, some (well, many) have been done so both quickly and ignorantly to keep up with the "fast and the furious" craze...

but i have seen my fair share of once beautiful nissans, mazdas, hondas, toyotas, and even domestics torn into by careless individuals that don;t even understand that wings and open exhausts came from Formula 1/Grand Prix racing ("what's Formula 1?"...sheesh) over 40 years before "that movie" came out in theaters around the nation

Their are tasteless ignorant people in any area of interest (clothes, music, car, etc.), but that is their choice to be as such (and tis also based on our tastes in comparison)...all we can do is enjoy the work we do, know why we do it, and make sure to pass along our knowledge for the betterment of our community....sorry for the rant...peace

#34 ·
Uknow as much time as I spend on these forums Ive never checked this General section....:confused:

BUt this is a good thread and it reminds me of that first year or two I had my Sentra...I thought I had made the biggest mistake ever...I never really wanted a Honda cuz I felt like their were too many around already ---I was actually intrested in a Jetta back when it was that square version....

But anyway I used to really envy Hondas and how it was all everybody had and talked about...but that was B4 I got online and found the forums and web pages and nowanother year and a half later I just got my SENT out the shop and after people spend 5 min. trying to figure out what car it is--IT FEELS SO GOOD TO TELL THEM ITS A NISSAN SENTRA !!!! :banana:

#35 ·
I have some experience w/ some of the cars being spoken of. One of my first cars was a 94 Prizm - just a Corrolla. It was peppy b/c it was very light. I put some rims of it, but then I saw an EF HB in Honda Tuning and fell in love. Bought my first Civ. 89 DX - it ran awesome. It wasn't fast but I then bought my 90 SI. It got a JDM engine and T3 (go to my website for all of the info). I got tired of seeing all of the Honda's out there, so I sold the turbo Civ for a 300ZX TT. Sold the DX for my Classic, which I had always wanted one. Sold my TT b/c I didn't drive it, and now I'm plan on modding the SE-R.

I'm not hating on Hondas b/c I can work on them like it is nothing now, and my best friend is a Honda for lifer. Speaking of the Focus, we have an 02 ZTS (the 4 door w/ better motor, not SVT motor though), and it just went to the dealer for a new tranny - it made it to 5k miles before an ECU replacement, and 9k miles before it needed its tranny. Altima or Max will replace it at 36k miles!

Josh

#36 ·
Hmmmm.......I've owned 2 Honda's and they were both great cars.

The 1st was an 86 Integra Gsi that I had in Japan (I was staioned at MCAS Iwakuni for 2 years when I was in the Marines). It had the Japan only ZC 1.6L DOHC (129hp) and was a quick, fun car.....certainly no monster though........I figure it would run 16.2-16.4 or so.

The 2nd was an 86 Accord DX hatchback........slow (98hp F20 carbed engine....high 17's in the 1/4), but fun to wind through the gears, and a GREAT long distance cruiser.....(I sold it for a 3.4L DOHC 5 speed Grand Prix.......an even better long distance cruiser...and FAST).

I have to say.......I LIKE Hondas........I just like my SE-R more.

G
#37 ·
I bought a 97 prelude new and drove the snot out of it for 110,000 miles. The only thing I ever had to replace on it was the clutch. I sold it because the three other ludes in my city that were done up did theirs exactly like mine. Stupid drones. After I sold it though the enging hatched in 2000 miles, lucky me. I would buy another without any hesitation. I now have a 200sx se-r, bone stock now but a t-25 kit in the works, and like it almost as much as the lude. I say almost because it is stock and therefore slower than the lude. I was considering a civic with a B18c1 and the 200sx. I just couldn't buy a civic because everybody and their mother has one.

#39 ·
Hmmm...never owned anything other than Nissans. My first was a '70 Datsun 1600 Pick-up. Then came the '91 SE-R followed 12 years later with a second '91 SE-R.

I have converted my brother-in-law from a corolla (in the Phillipines) to an SE-R fan. He's now looking to buy one in the near future.

#44 ·
That icon I made using the animation studio in paint shop pro. I also made one with a blue honda symbol (yes my icon is ricey). its the right size for an AOL buddy icon so use it if you want.

Back to my exhaust, I just am too damn lazy to fix the hole that a rock put in it a few weeks ago, but it definately sounds like a honda :)

#45 ·
Before I had my sentra, I had an '89 Z24 convertable... It was quick as hell (head work, cam, blueprinting, computer, custom ram air, exhaust, etc etc etc etc) and on really nice spring and summer days, i really miss having a drop top, but I LOVE my sentra! It was my first import, and opened my eyes to a whole new world. I doubt I'll ever by another domestic.

#46 · (Edited)
Pretty White said:
Quality over quantity.

Compare a cheepo Civic parts to quality parts like Compech or Mugen. Proven parts. AEM even.

You will cry if you have to buy that stuff I bet. Parts that fit right the first time that are dyno tuned.

Don't let the fact that you can use your library card and get parts for the Civic that it is a good bargin.

BTW. XE? No wonder!
Are you trying imply im some ricer kid that is al about apc.... well fuck you, the main reason i dropped my sentra because i was an automatic, and was 15 when i got the car and i riced it out quite a bit (painted interior, white 16"rims) so i dropped tha project moved onto to a civic, where i am about preformance, for mods right now i have an AEM intake, rims, eibach lowering springs, within 2-3 weeks comes my cat back and i am in the works of saving up for a b16a or a b18......oh yeah the reason i got an XE instead of an SE-R is because i knew jack shit about import cars when first turned 15 and bought the car all i wanted was good looking car that i could learn to drive on that was about $3,000

#47 ·
MinorThreat said:
Are you trying imply im some ricer kid that is al about apc.... well fuck you,......oh yeah the reason i got an XE instead of an SE-R is because i knew jack shit about import cars when first turned 15 and bought the car all i wanted was good looking car that i could learn to drive on that was about $3,000
yEa, not ALL of us know 100% about cars when we are young and/or if its our first car .....

#48 ·
Man, I ALWAYS come late on these threads, I need to read these things more often. Well, when I went car shopping I wanted a used Civic. There wasn't one but there was this nice little white car and what do you know, I got it. Its my 200sx and I absolutely adore it. Now I am glad that I have it because there are modded Civic's everywhere, we have a friend with one of the nicest that I have ever seen, but there aren't all that many 200sx's out there like mine. I like that, it's different.

#50 ·
I see it like this, i have lost races to hondas, but they were fully moded b16c motors, couple of preludes 1991+. I have never lost to a DX EX civic, I also broke off a couple of Si preludes (1980s). When i line up with a civic i had no problem racing it. Its the GA16 and the SR20 i don't like racing, heheheh. I bet alot of you feel the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.