Nissan Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
I know we're probably barking up the wrong tree by saying this, but I couldn't agree more about people's parents buying them their cars. Now, I have seen kids whose parents did by them stuff and they did appreciate it, however, that's the exception, not the rule. I have my own place (rent, utilities, etc.) and yea, I'll totally agree with that. I do appreciate my baby alot more. It does cheese me that some punk in high school has a GS-R with like a $5000 paint job and who knows what else. I can appreciate it-just because I don't know the story and it's done nice. But if the kid's a dick, well then, eff him.
My .02¢

· SE Limited
843 Posts
exactly. now.. back to the point...

Nissans RULE!!..

anyone know the best way to get a job at a new nissan dealership other than car sales.. lot attendant? 1st timmer mechanic maybe?????? Travis

· (_(_)===D ~~~`nissantuner
764 Posts
First was a 1990 Chevy Corsica (piece of shit)

Second 1996 200sx (very good but slow automatic all options)

Third 1992 VR6 VW Corrado (Fast, 145mph, sleeper, expensive to take care of)

Fourth 1990 Sentra 1.6 (Scary, Slow, Great Gas, Very Reliable, Ugly)

Current 1991 NX2000(Nothing but good things to say great car wish I would about cars back when I bought my Corsica.LOL)

Lastly im sticking with Nissan from now on.

· Registered
52 Posts
hey guys,
well let me first say i use to own a 1990 4door honda accord 5-speed, i thought it was fast cause it was a honda and it seemed fast cuz the manual, and yes, my parents bought me the car for 2000, but i stuck bout 3000 in repair, all OEM parts cuz of my dad, but i wanted to get rid of the car, it had 180k on it and i didnt want to put any more money into it, so i went out and with my own money bought a 91sentra se-r, 85k, 2000, the guy i bought it from got it as a salvage car for 3500 in 93 and repaired it, so i got it cheap

now i must admit, when i had the honda, i had plans to rice it out, paint it all black with white rims, windshield wipers, and a white tourning spoiler, had hopes for an H22A swap after college, but im in college now and have the senta

NISSAN DOMINATES, i love them and there legendary cars, silvias, skylines, sileighty and all others
SENTRA SE-R == ULTIMATE SLEEPER
15.8 @ 87 stock, my friends were impressed

· Registered
7 Posts
love my nx1600

hey guys, i have owned 4 nissan's since i have been driving (8 years) and a nissan derivative, an 1998 infiniti i30. my twin brother on the other hand has only owned honda accords and civics. i have now at home my 1998 I30 AND MY 1991 nissan nx1600 automatic in black. i have owned It for almost two years now and it has been a reliable and great litle car. although honda civics and accord are great reliable cars i didnt want to get one becausee everyone and there momma has one.. lol. the civi is just too played out in my opinion, that is why i searched and found my nx1600. its a rare car and thats what i like about it. its not that attractive on the front (a body kit will fix that but thats later on) but its quite performer. i have never had any major problems with my nissans. another brother of mine has my 1986 pulsar nx that still runs great although it does need tranny work now and it still has all the original major mechanical parts( after 20 years, not bad...huh) . ive driven the hondas and althoug they are nice i wil still remain with my nissan's. although i believe the older ones are made better than the new models nowadays. that is why i stick to nissan, because i have had good experiences with them and they offer great performance, reliability and "more bang for the buck". i hope to get anearly to mid "90's "Z" soon .

· Registered
7 Posts
hey , i have to agree with u here. i have grown to love my nx1600. but i wante dto know if u knew how to clear out those side markers?
thankls

dollar to perfomance you can't beat a nissan they cars are ready to boost unlike hondas. you know what really made me switch over rice boys and to much popularity. i was a no nonsense honda driver i did not put anything on that car unless it was for performance unlike most honda guys putting all kinds of things to gain attention the car was black had 15" rims had nitrious ready to run.

but for some reason i was not really into the honda scene i kept to myself. whent to the races by myself. i lot of honda guys thought i was coky. becuase i didn't want to join there "teams" or "groups". hence the name lonewolf. but what really made the honda seen real bad is theifs because a lot of people wanted to steal my car. i did not know why i try to keep a low profile. it had 15" rims not even a body kit!!! but they still wanted my car.

i was always on the end result function over form and i guess people saw that i was going to boost my integra so i needed a car for the downtime. so i got a nx2000 why. i wanted t-tops i have a fetish for t-tops. when i bought it and drove it home it had no exhaust. i said this car pulls for a peice of crap. so i started to drive this car more and more. i was like this has more torque than my integra ls hmmmmmmmmm. so i started to do research i found nothing.

then 1 day i was at the mall i ran into pretty whites car. dam!! that car was hot. it had a bodykit and everything. i left a note on his car to call me. i was so anxoius i just waited (2 hours) so i can speak to him. he told me about the forums and other guys that had ser's. he was a bucket of infomation i whent online and the rest is history.

i never thank you for helping me build my car i owe you one.

the interga was stolen. it was going to happen sooner or later. the thing that hondas are to popular with theifs,insurance companys,auto crime and cops you know how many times i was stop by cops and auto crime to check out my car!!!!! my intergra rear glass was broken into. i was spending more money on security and theft protection then going fast. after awhile you just say fuck it

but that was a year ago and i love my nx so much that im going to put this in.

the legend of lonefwolf shall begin!![/QUOTE]

· Registered
8 Posts
i owned 2 honda civics,and 1 nissan sentra ser,and i will never go back to honda's again.the nissan to me rides smoother,and has more power,but i will give credit to civic's if you have the right toys on it they will move.

· Registered
8 Posts
dude i agree 100% i have been in the army 5 years and just reenlisted,and i worked my ass off for what i have,i go home and see kids driving brand new cars and i wonder why didn't my parents do this for me,but it is all good cuz when you know it is your stuff it makes it all the better.

· Registered
245 Posts
SilverSentra99 said:
How many of you had a Civic or Accord and changed to Nissan and wont go back, or vice versa, I myself had a 88 corrolla before my sentra , but since the civic is in direct competition with the sentra,civic,corrolla,and protege, which do you like and why?
FROM EXPERIENCE STANDPOINT, I HAVE NEVER DRIVEN ANYTHING, BUT A NISSAN AND WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY(NISSAN FOR LIFE, 90'MAXIMA, 95'ALTIMA, 03'SENTRA) NEXT CAR? UM UM, NISSAN! I UNDERSTAND TOYOTA AND HONDA HAVE GOOD QUALITY TOO, BUT THEIR NOT NISSANS. ALL OUR ENGINES ARE EXCELLENT!

· Registered
245 Posts
200SushiX said:
I love Honda's; I've had three, (bought new), and never had
ANY problems, big or small. Toyotas are probably the best,
though, IMO. I bought this one for $500.00:
It had 282,000+ miles when I bought it, (odometer was broken). Lasted me two years before the timing chain failed;
the DIY'er I sold it to, (for $200.00), couldn't believe the "cleaness" of the internals. Anyway, don't "talk trash"
about an automaker just because punks with "hand-me-
down" Civics prefer neon under body kits to serious power
mods. Nissans are cool, too, BTW :D. Just wait...you'll see a Sentra with a double aluminum wing one day :rolleyes: .
I'm not "pro" anything, but I can honestly say that Honda's
are better than Nissan's, (except maybe my bro's Datsun
280Z :p ). And I think Toyota's better then both, at least as
far as quality goes. Dollar for dollar.
I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN SAY HONDAS ARE BETTER QUALITY THAN NISSANS! A NISSAN CAN HOLD EVERY BIT AS MILLEAGE THAT A HONDA OR TOYOTA CAN. PERSONALLY I HAD A 90' MAXIMA WITH 250,000 MILES ON IT AND RAN CLOSE TO NEW, STILL GREAT ACCELERATION AND GAS MILLEAGE!(UNTIL TIMING CHAIN)

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.