Nissan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
HELLO everybody. as to preety whites post i owned a civic four door and a acura integra ls. even though their are plenty of honda parts out there. they few companys that make quality parts unlike nissan where nissan parts are quality parts.

dollar to perfomance you can't beat a nissan they cars are ready to boost unlike hondas. you know what really made me switch over rice boys and to much popularity. i was a no nonsense honda driver i did not put anything on that car unless it was for performance unlike most honda guys putting all kinds of things to gain attention the car was black had 15" rims had nitrious ready to run.

but for some reason i was not really into the honda scene i kept to myself. whent to the races by myself. i lot of honda guys thought i was coky. becuase i didn't want to join there "teams" or "groups". hence the name lonewolf. but what really made the honda seen real bad is theifs because a lot of people wanted to steal my car. i did not know why i try to keep a low profile. it had 15" rims not even a body kit!!! but they still wanted my car.

i was always on the end result function over form and i guess people saw that i was going to boost my integra so i needed a car for the downtime. so i got a nx2000 why. i wanted t-tops i have a fetish for t-tops. when i bought it and drove it home it had no exhaust. i said this car pulls for a peice of crap. so i started to drive this car more and more. i was like this has more torque than my integra ls hmmmmmmmmm. so i started to do research i found nothing.

then 1 day i was at the mall i ran into pretty whites car. dam!! that car was hot. it had a bodykit and everything. i left a note on his car to call me. i was so anxoius i just waited (2 hours) so i can speak to him. he told me about the forums and other guys that had ser's. he was a bucket of infomation i whent online and the rest is history.

i never thank you for helping me build my car i owe you one.

the interga was stolen. it was going to happen sooner or later. the thing that hondas are to popular with theifs,insurance companys,auto crime and cops you know how many times i was stop by cops and auto crime to check out my car!!!!! my intergra rear glass was broken into. i was spending more money on security and theft protection then going fast. after awhile you just say fuck it

but that was a year ago and i love my nx so much that im going to put this in.

the legend of lonefwolf shall begin!!

· Registered
589 Posts
Actually my first car was a 91 Ford ranger "GTR" (yes, i gave in to the autozone desire for performance stickers) (huh ironic though). it was the 3.0 V6 XLT! then i bought another ranger. 87 model. right after that i bought a 74 F100 and a 84 Mercury Cuger. Right before i went off to college i got the sentra. and was it a life changer. I WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER CAR OTHER THAN A NISSAN AS LONG AS I LIVE!......well maybe an RX7, but not many cars can compare performance/comfort/style/price!

· Registered
16 Posts
YEAH YOU got to give to the rx7's their are one of the few cars that can be real fast without destroying the "balance" of the car. rx7's can handle!

G

·
i used to have an '84 accord hatchback , 1.8 , carbuerated . . . i liked the car a lot , and it was superbly designed . . . but i let the timing belt break , and it was starting to smoke , so when it finally died (220,000 miles plus) , i searched franticly for a new car . . .

i was actually looking for a suzuki swift (same as a metro)

then i found this '87 sentra in a donation vehicle sales lot for $900 . it had 147,000 miles on it . the engine was really clean , fluids were all good , and it ran well . .
but it needed new brakes , rotors , and master cylinder.

i have now put 16,000 miles on it , and it's still going strong.

acceleration , comfort and handling are inferior to the accord , but the accord is supposed to be one of honda's better cars , kinda like a maxima , so it's like comparing apples to oranges

anyway , if (when) i need to shop for a new car , i'll be looking at the nissans first . . .

honda puts too many #[email protected]! vacuum lines in their cars , and the resale value is too high (i buy used cars , and when i'm done with a car , it usually isn't worth much , because i just keep driving the same car till it isn't worth fixing)

· Registered
44 Posts
I didn't have a honda, toyota, or sentra as a first car, i had a HYUNDAI!! hehehehe. I was 17 and my dad bought me a 92 scoupe, I liked it cause it wasn't a honda(I like being original)and didn't know alot about cars. I liked the little sporty look it had and it was fully equiped(power windows, cruise, sunroof)so I was pleased, then i got a little ricey(even if everyone told me its a HYUNDAI)a got a paint job, rims, stereo it looked good but didn't have power for shit, then I learned a little and found out I could drop a 2L turbo mitsubishi in it.......but didn't have the time I crasshed last winter. But even before I crashed it i started liking b14's and i've only test drove 1 so far, but as soon as I can(damn school got me in the hole$$$)i'm getting a sentra. I just love them and their originality compared to honda's. sorry about the rambling!!

here are some pics of my hyundai for you to laugh at :)

http://cf.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/steveb087

· Registered
125 Posts
Before I owned my first Nissan, a red 1992 Sentra E, all of my cars were big, ugly American junkers!

My first car was a 1976 Ford Gran Torino, big, ugly, ate lots of gas and never in the 18 months that I owned it did it ever pass inspection. Cost $200

My second car was a 1978 Oldsmobile 98. I owned that for all but a month. That thing had more things wrong with it than I'd like to remember. Cost $600

My third car (and least favorite) was a 1982 Plymouth Reliant. That thing couldn't get out of its own way. Zero to 60 in 2 minutes. Not to mention that the thing had to be warmed up for at least 5 minutes before you could drive it. I even had to do that in the summer! I owned that nightmare for 18 months. Cost $1200

My fourth car was a 1980 Pontiac Phoenix that I bought from one of my sister's friends for $50. There were a fwew things wrong with it, but I was actually able to trade it in for $1500, which I used as a down payment for 1992 Sentra.

All this brings me to my first Nissan, the earlier mentioned '92 Sentra. It cost me $9000 and had absolutely no options, not even a radio and a 4-speed manual (the last year Nissan made any car with a 4-speed) I owned that car for 7 years and put probably close to 200k miles (the odometer stopped working at 150k) on it before trading it in for my 1996 Sentra GXE.

4 years later, I'm still driving it and loving every minute of it. I have only about 500 miles before I hit the big 160k (I bought it used for $10,500 with only 34k on it.

A few of my friends have also owned several different Nissans, mos tof them 1980-ish 200SXs. Not a single one of these cars died from breaking down (they don't seem to want to die!), all of them wound up getting totalled!

Will I stop buying Nissans? Probably not.

· Registered
66 Posts
If money was not an issue, I'd actually prefer a Honda. But we did buy our B14 after looking through plenty of Civics and Corollas. Although we found the Civic had better handling (and a much better shifter) than the Sentra, it was not enough to justify a $1-2k difference in used prices for the same yr/milage/options. The Corollas felt tinny, spartan and cheap compared to both the Civic and the Sentra, and cost almost as much as the Civic. In the end the Nissan made the most sense.

· Registered
15 Posts
My first car was a '96 Neon-SOHC automatic. I put a stereo, rims, intake and exhaust on it. It was fun beating the Cavaliers at the stoplight, but it didn't beat much else. After putting the fourth transmission into it (as well as the head gasket), I decided to sell the car and get something a little older that I could modify, plus I wanted a 5-spd and a sunroof (don't know why, but I like 'em). I found a '89 CRX Si. I paid too much for it (rotted out) and ended up putting a bodykit on it. Last winter came and I found out the little Honda that was to be my project car wouldn't start when the temperature dropped below freezing. Not able to figure the problem out (after many weeks), I was checking out eBay one nite and found an '88 CRX DX with a 1.6 SOHC ZC swap. It had coilovers, header, and an exhaust. Price was right and it was soon mine. One nite (being stupid) I totalled it… Afterwards, I was looking for something different. I liked the CRX, but they're just too common. I remeber an ex's brother had a nice NX2000. I didn't really like them all that much at first (wasn't sure about the styling), but it had t-tops and I thought that'd be cool. I started reading GonzoNX and discovered just how much I didn't know about the NX. Finally I found a '92 1600 and the price was right (although it has 160,000+ miles, the body, interior and engine are clean). After torching a CRX Si (with the standard fart pipe exhaust) by 3 car lengths (on back roads) and keeping up with a friends lightly modded Neon R/T (intake, exhaust)-all in a still stock Nissan, the smile just keeps getting bigger. That and I like how people don't know what I drive. I wish I could've found a NX2000, but that's what engine swaps are for.

· Registered
505 Posts
I love Honda's; I've had three, (bought new), and never had
ANY problems, big or small. Toyotas are probably the best,
though, IMO. I bought this one for $500.00:
It had 282,000+ miles when I bought it, (odometer was broken). Lasted me two years before the timing chain failed;
the DIY'er I sold it to, (for $200.00), couldn't believe the "cleaness" of the internals. Anyway, don't "talk trash"
about an automaker just because punks with "hand-me-
down" Civics prefer neon under body kits to serious power
mods. Nissans are cool, too, BTW :D. Just wait...you'll see a Sentra with a double aluminum wing one day :rolleyes: .
I'm not "pro" anything, but I can honestly say that Honda's
are better than Nissan's, (except maybe my bro's Datsun
280Z :p ). And I think Toyota's better then both, at least as
far as quality goes. Dollar for dollar.

· Doodeee doodee doodee doo
3,610 Posts
AGH!!!! Holy Post Resurrection, Batman!

Hondas have good engines, yes, but Nissans have good stumping torque... What Honda owns Nissan at is in the shifting action, which Nissan apparently STILL hasn't gotten right.

Toyotas are great quality, but their budget cars (new ones) are just a bit too boring...

· SE Limited
843 Posts
umm.. all i can really say is.. (yeah i cant believe this post is still goin on.. i forgot totally all about this.. )and, i cant really say that any of the above are better than the other.. because Nissan have good quality part.. but hondas blocks are stronger probably.. and toyotas well.. we all know they are stronger and will last longer than anything... probably.. i dont know for sure..

i have only seen maybe one nissan on the side of the road.. it was a b13 sentra.. and it didnt look like it was taken care of .. in fact it was wrecked... ive seen so many hondas on the side of the road though.. and a few toyotas.. if you look... you will see a HUGE!!! number of hondas for sale in the paper.. and more Toyotas than Nissans.. well.. here in Ohio.. thats the way it is in the "Akron Beacon Journal" but other than that.. thats all i can really say.. Just My $.02 Travis

· Registered
505 Posts
Well, hell, dude, how many Honda/Nissan/Toyota's have been
imported into the US since, say, 1980? I don't know myself,
but Honda's have got to be the largest number. But you're
right; I've seen alot of stranded Hondas lately. Nissan parts
are alot cheaper, too. Never replaced anything on the Celica,
so I wouldn't know about Toyota. Honda rapes
you on replacement parts, (if you go to the dealer, go OEM).
I like Nissan for this, for sure :thumbup: !

· SE Limited
843 Posts
High Five to you bro.......Travis

· Registered
229 Posts
My nissan is my first Japanese car, before that I've exclusively owned European or Psuedo-European imports...

My first car was a 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, it's basically a Ford, but not Ford of US... but Ford AG... It have a 2.3L SOHC Turbo that makes 177hp/200tq, RWD, almost 50/50 weight distribution. It was actually loads of fun. Too bad in the year or so that I owned that thing it was in my mechanic's garage more then my own. After my apperent inability to fix a coolent leak, I finally said screw it and sold that thing.
That car taught me a lot, how to drive, it had shitty brakes so I learned a very conservative driving style. It also introduced me to turbocharged technology at a very early time AND because of that thing, I've fallen in love with cult cars with almost religious following, not to mention the beauty of a sleeper.

My 2nd car was a 1991 BMW 318i... I never really got into it because it was really slow. But it did give me a lasting impression of BMW's build quality and their absolutely perfect gearbox. Till now my dream car is still a 1991 BMW E30 M3 EvoSport...
The BMW was totalled by a Mazda 323 owned by Round Table Pizza, when the kid pulled out of a mall w/o looking to his left...

My 3rd car was VERY nice, although all these cars are not technically mine as my parents bought it and my little brother had the right to drive it also. Anyway this car is a loaded 1996 Jetta GLX with the VR6 engine, leather, 5 spd, just perfect in every way. It's also the first car that I started to mod. Got myself a computer chip and a Neuspeed Intake and a Strut bar... I probably would still be driving it if my brother didn't decided to take it to drive the twisties and totalled it.

After that eposide I've decided that i want my own car. After a friend told me about the Sentra SE-R I was at first skeptical, however I did a lot of research about it and finally came to a conclusion that it is probably the best car I can get. The sleeper image appeals to me a lot, and it have a cult status... 2 months of searching landed me a 1991 with only 65k original miles. Everything was in pretty much perfect condition... That was over 2 years ago, I'm still driving it, I'm still in love with it, and it had given me almost no trouble. The SE-R was mechanically simple enough that I was able to do all the maintainence and mods myself. And Everytime I go to the track I always found people asking me what turbo kit I have in the sentra, or how many shots of nitrous I am running!

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Damn Gina Girl, this post is like the energizer bunny-it just keeps going and going and going...
N E Wayz, I (well, my dad) had an 87 Accord LX Carburated car. this car was a great drive, just absolutly comfy, then i got my own FC RX7-this is the best car IMO for mountain driving...then it happed, a grandma, a van, broken things, u got the picture.
next thing i noe, my dad buys a 93 FD RX7...this is the best car ever to be made...its also the worst car in reliability wen kept stock and driven hard...Sold...
Then i got me an RPS13 240SX...ill never switch back(unless i get another RX7)this car just has all the torque i wanted, the RX7 cant compare to torque.SR20DET is a great turbo motor. ...

$0.02

· SE Limited
843 Posts
i dont mean to be a dick guys.. but it really pisses me off the fasct that a lot of you get your cars from your parents.. and dont teach you a DAMN thing about responsibility. I pay for my car.. I pay for my insurence.. and I pay for my own rent and Utilities... so i feel good knowing that i can have a 99 sentra with full coverage.. and my own placve.. and everything IVE done to MY car.. is all me.. no mechanics.. all i ever see on here any more are a bunch of kids who mommy and daddy give them these really nice cars.. pay thier incsurence.. and dont work.. and have others do thier stuff for them.. like mechanical work.. you know what forget it.. why make a big deal outta this.. i know im gonna be better off in the real world.. Travis

· Registered
505 Posts
1999GXE1.6 said:
i dont mean to be a dick guys.. but it really pisses me off the fasct that a lot of you get your cars from your parents.. and dont teach you a DAMN thing about responsibility. I pay for my car.. I pay for my insurence.. and I pay for my own rent and Utilities... so i feel good knowing that i can have a 99 sentra with full coverage.. and my own placve.. and everything IVE done to MY car.. is all me.. no mechanics.. all i ever see on here any more are a bunch of kids who mommy and daddy give them these really nice cars.. pay thier incsurence.. and dont work.. and have others do thier stuff for them.. like mechanical work.. you know what forget it.. why make a big deal outta this.. i know im gonna be better off in the real world.. Travis
Where'd this come from, man? As someone told me the other
day: "Put down the crack pipe and slowly walk away" :D . j/f
Anyway, I agree: nothing like getting that Title in the mail,
in your name, after 5 years of payments. Plus, you have
a lot more respect for your "baby" if you're paying the bills.

· SE Limited
843 Posts
(lays the crack pipe down)... umm.. umm.. :rolleyes: :D what are you talking about.. i just say no to drugs.. anyways.. i dont know why i was in such a bad mood.. but i ment what i said. Everyday i saw like kids with NICE new sentra spec V's and 240sx converted to the silvias.. and se-r with turbos all sorts of stuff like that.. and i couldnt help but to wonder.. why is it.. that im older than these people.. and i work at a really good place.. and they have better cars than me.. well.. now i know why... and i feel better about myself.. because im not the one 5 years from now goin.. whats this? how do i do this? and where is this? and how do i get this done.. ? some of you really need to stop suckin on mommys
T!ts....for others.. good job.. and im glad that we are not all lazy and irresponsible.. Travis

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.