Nissan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

· NF's Offical Post Whore
5,541 Posts
"Dont get me started on those civics with those annoying exhausts that sound like crap."

for the record, I have a 95 Sentra GXE with an exhaust that sounds like crap. Does this make me annoying?

· NF's Offical Post Whore
5,541 Posts
That icon I made using the animation studio in paint shop pro. I also made one with a blue honda symbol (yes my icon is ricey). its the right size for an AOL buddy icon so use it if you want.

Back to my exhaust, I just am too damn lazy to fix the hole that a rock put in it a few weeks ago, but it definately sounds like a honda :)

· Registered
324 Posts
Before I had my sentra, I had an '89 Z24 convertable... It was quick as hell (head work, cam, blueprinting, computer, custom ram air, exhaust, etc etc etc etc) and on really nice spring and summer days, i really miss having a drop top, but I LOVE my sentra! It was my first import, and opened my eyes to a whole new world. I doubt I'll ever by another domestic.

· Registered
147 Posts
Pretty White said:
Quality over quantity.

Compare a cheepo Civic parts to quality parts like Compech or Mugen. Proven parts. AEM even.

You will cry if you have to buy that stuff I bet. Parts that fit right the first time that are dyno tuned.

Don't let the fact that you can use your library card and get parts for the Civic that it is a good bargin.

BTW. XE? No wonder!
Are you trying imply im some ricer kid that is al about apc.... well fuck you, the main reason i dropped my sentra because i was an automatic, and was 15 when i got the car and i riced it out quite a bit (painted interior, white 16"rims) so i dropped tha project moved onto to a civic, where i am about preformance, for mods right now i have an AEM intake, rims, eibach lowering springs, within 2-3 weeks comes my cat back and i am in the works of saving up for a b16a or a b18......oh yeah the reason i got an XE instead of an SE-R is because i knew jack shit about import cars when first turned 15 and bought the car all i wanted was good looking car that i could learn to drive on that was about $3,000

· Work With What You Got
1,144 Posts
MinorThreat said:
Are you trying imply im some ricer kid that is al about apc.... well fuck you,......oh yeah the reason i got an XE instead of an SE-R is because i knew jack shit about import cars when first turned 15 and bought the car all i wanted was good looking car that i could learn to drive on that was about $3,000
yEa, not ALL of us know 100% about cars when we are young and/or if its our first car .....

· Registered
87 Posts
Man, I ALWAYS come late on these threads, I need to read these things more often. Well, when I went car shopping I wanted a used Civic. There wasn't one but there was this nice little white car and what do you know, I got it. Its my 200sx and I absolutely adore it. Now I am glad that I have it because there are modded Civic's everywhere, we have a friend with one of the nicest that I have ever seen, but there aren't all that many 200sx's out there like mine. I like that, it's different.

· Nissan Fanatic since 1999
611 Posts
I see it like this, i have lost races to hondas, but they were fully moded b16c motors, couple of preludes 1991+. I have never lost to a DX EX civic, I also broke off a couple of Si preludes (1980s). When i line up with a civic i had no problem racing it. Its the GA16 and the SR20 i don't like racing, heheheh. I bet alot of you feel the same way.

· Banned
6,073 Posts
i had a 82 cadillac fletwood with spoke rims and speakers then i got a 99 jeep cheeroke classic. to tell the truth i really like jeeps but i sold it and got a 95 sentra and i love its awsome i wont buy nething else i was just lookin at a 300 zx tt and a 98 SER i cant decide man i love nissan

· Registered
243 Posts
hey wasup ppl,
kinda new here so bear w/ me... i drive a 98 b14 and ive done a few things to it (CAI, muffler, crapload of work w/ the suspension) and am proud to say, ive done it all myself... my g/f has a 97 civic which ive done a few things on also... i love both cars equally... nah, mines more... and just to express my opinion, when ppl see something different, they usually dont frown upon it, they give it a chance... but fact is that theres a lotta ricers out there that stand by their hondas/acuras like they invented VTEC, and they feel theve accomplished something... i spent countless time searching for parts and installing these parts, which is what i pride myself for doing... and when you do have something thats a lil bit uncommon, rewards are sweet... this past summer (2002) i entered my XE in a show (street dreams 2) and won third place... it was a combination of shock and pride that i felt at the minute... i dono.... just random thoughts

· SE Limited
843 Posts
MinorThreat said:
Are you trying imply im some ricer kid that is al about apc.... well fuck you, the main reason i dropped my sentra because i was an automatic, and was 15 when i got the car and i riced it out quite a bit (painted interior, white 16"rims) so i dropped tha project moved onto to a civic, where i am about preformance, for mods right now i have an AEM intake, rims, eibach lowering springs, within 2-3 weeks comes my cat back and i am in the works of saving up for a b16a or a b18......oh yeah the reason i got an XE instead of an SE-R is because i knew jack shit about import cars when first turned 15 and bought the car all i wanted was good looking car that i could learn to drive on that was about $3,000

ok well.. this is what i think. First of all.. why do we get these stupid mods and bolt ons for our cars if we just plan on saving up for a better engine.. thats why im waiting on getting cams and cam gears and all that becasue i want to see if im gonna get the HS turbo kit.. well.. why would you getthe bolt ons for your car if you are gonna get the better engine and trying to save up for it.. ? just wondering not dawgin ya or anything.. also..

OPIUM3.. is that Merdack from the "A- Team"???? i sooo miss that show and Mr.T and everyone.. if its not.. well.. he looks like him anyways.. lol...

now.. about switching to Nissan.. well.. i had an 89 N/A probe.. yes i know .. a ford.. but.. one thing and only one thing ford was good at.. was torque.. my second probe was the 89 turbo.. pushing 190 torque.. that is now my winter beater.. well.. this car is taking a BIG DUMP on me.. like all fords.. Its true.. well.. not trucks.. they are Ford Tough.. seriously!.. and ford had torque.. i wanted torque again.. so what do i do.. i bought a nissan.. unfortanatley.. i didnt know just how great a difference the se/ser 200sx's were compared to my 1.6.. but still i wanted a torquey JDM car that would last a long time and not need repairs every month.. i love nissan.. and their plans for the future. and what they have accomplished so far.. i mean they must be doin good.. if theyre numbers are up to 1.3 billion in profits.. this year

so in the end.. im NISSAN DRIVEN!

· Registered
147 Posts
to awnser your question the bolts ons im getting (catback) wont be changed with the engine swap.. and i got the intake before i was planning on getting a new engine but i can just put it on the new engine anyway. but after i get the engine im going to build it up as much as i can with the little amount of cash flow i will have because i will also be saving for college at the sametime

· SE Limited
843 Posts
did you say your gonna take your intake from your ga16de and put it on your sr20? ummm.. i hope not.. Travis

· SE Limited
843 Posts
oh.. will that fit? i thought the d15 was SOHC compared to the b16a's DOHC.. or is the b16a different from a just b16? and.. if one is dual and the other is single.. doesnt that mean different air fuel mapping ratios? Travis

· SE Limited
843 Posts
you know what would be really cool one night. to get together a chat room and talk to each other (hondas and nissans) and "talk" or Bash to each other lol.. because i know we wouldnt be civil to each other.. the nissans and the hondas.. but cant we all just get along?Travis

G

·
The car I drive right now is actually an '89 CRX but alas ive fallin in love with the 300z.I dont have one yet but I will soon enough.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.