Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· All over your face!
7,106 Posts
I was basically a honda for lifer kid. I drove many fast hondas in my time, and the sound of a B18C5 usdm type R motor was music to my ears. That, and a jdm B16A Sir II motor. I've been around everything honda for the majority of my driving lifetime, and it was nice. But then one night, my friend told me he was selling his sentra. I took it for a test drive, and I was sold. That was it. One test drive, and I sold my del sol 2 months later. The sentra wasn't exactly in the best of shape at all, but I couldn't deny the ear to ear grin I wore on my face for the months to come after my test drive. Every now and again, I think that I shouldn't have bought the car for the sheer fact that it is a money pit, and that I had to fix soo soo much on the car to get it to where it is today. About 3 grand later, and the car isn't any faster than the day that I bought it. But when I get down on myself for buying it, I just go for a little drive, and it only takes a few gears, and a blow off valve to remind me why I own this car.

The huge difference between honda and nissan is torque.

· All over your face!
7,106 Posts
SilverSentra99 said:
welcome to the family opium3
Thanks. Its really weird to come to a forum where people are speaking different chassis names, and what not. I catch on pretty quickly, but its alot different than hearing honda terms. Basically honda is spoken about in terms of generations. EF, EG, EK, etc... and now its all S13, B14, etc... Very akward at first. But I've had my sentra for almost a year now, and I find myself becoming more and more observant toward nissan things. Like when I see Cribs on mtv, and see people that have like ferrari's and stuff. I catch myself saying... "Well he should have just bought a skyline if he wanted to be original, or maybe a sileighty." Its just the little things i guess. But nissan life is growing more and more on me. It's almost like I speak two different languages in the world of import knowledge. Its kinda cool to broaden my horizons like that.

· All over your face!
7,106 Posts
Yeah, kinda odd. I just learned that I might have an opportunity to become a honda mechanic. I like the smell of irony in the morning... ha ha

· All over your face!
7,106 Posts
zeno said:
Concerning aftermarket parts, I don't find this argument all that compelling when 75% of the products are a bunch of crap. Like any successful product, you will have a couple high quality companies and a thousand hacks who are producing a rip-off version somewhere in Mexico. If your idea of excellent product support is a mound of APC garbage then I really don't think I'm missing anything. At least I know what IS available for my car has been produced by a company who took the development serious enough to stick their neck out on a part for Nissan and not a mass produced Honda item (yes I know there are exceptions).
Excellent post!

I agree whole heartidly. The thing that is great about nissan is that they don't make anything for our cars in the aftermarket world. You can't just go into a shop and find stuff for our cars. Its great. I hate those shops anyways! Nissan's part supply is usually very limited in those awesome "racing" shops. So that only leaves the REAL parts to buy. Not some APC garbage as mentioned above. The REAL parts are your only choice in some cases. *sarcasm* Heaven forbid that we get serious about the sport aspect of automobiles. It's nice to own a car, where you don't have to worry about getting caught up with what is new and fashionable. I could care less how my car resembles a 'glow worm' (remember those?) at night! I'd personally prefer to not be seen. Function over fashion every time

The one reason that I do like Honda though, is that they are awesome track cars. But other than that.... they can eat a....

· All over your face!
7,106 Posts
You would be surprised how many sentra's I've seen that have exhausts that sound like crap. C'mon now... let's not place all the blame on honda's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.