Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here, after going most of my life (20+ vehicles) never having owned a Nissan vehicle, I've owned 3 in the past 12 months. It started simple enough, I needed a cash truck and found a relatively cheap 06 Titan for about $2500.

After about two months, I decided that I wanted a little more, and in all honesty the rear windows on this one had broken, and apparently the previous owner left them open during some rain. The smell inside was best described as "moldy urine" smell. But, the 5.6 liter V8 was still going strong at about 250,000 miles and the truck helped me really get the job done.

Fast forward to 2 months later, and I saw something very nice at the dealer's lot.

This lasted all of 10 months. The truck was solid, although I spent a lot more time at the dealership with a few safety recalls, and one or two safety bulletins that needed addressing. One of the safety bulletins involved swapping out the taillights and for whatever reason, the technician didn't know what he was doing, and wound up putting 2 scratches on my rear quarter panel. The dealership acknowledged the scratches, and offered to repaint the fender, but it always seems like a repaint doesn't always work out, and I hated knowing that the scratches were back there. I also didn't realize that this truck was missing a very necessary option in the Texas summers, vented seats.

I reached out to the salesman that sold me the Pro-4X and asked him about a red one that had the coveted vented seats. He told me that he could get me into that Titan for another $100-$120 a month. He insisted that I was going into "much more truck" than what I was currently in. Seemed kind of odd, so I figured I'd do some shopping, certainly vented seats and a sunroof wasn't worth an extra $9000. Found a Platinum Reserve that a dealership insisted he was ready to move on. Went to go look at it, not as pretty a color as the blue, but it had a certain reserved brilliance to it.

I'm hoping this thing will last me a while, or at least until the microprocessor shortage is over. Glad to be here, and looking forward to seeing how Nissan navigates the next few decades.

·
Banned
3 Posts
New guy here, after going most of my life (20+ vehicles) never having owned a Nissan vehicle, I've owned 3 in the past 12 months. It started simple enough, I needed a cash truck and found a relatively cheap 06 Titan for about $2500.

View attachment 7468

After about two months, I decided that I wanted a little more, and in all honesty the rear windows on this one had broken, and apparently the previous owner left them open during some rain. The smell inside was best described as "moldy urine" smell. But, the 5.6 liter V8 was still going strong at about 250,000 miles and the truck helped me really get the job done.

Fast forward to 2 months later, and I saw something very nice at the dealer's lot.

View attachment 7469

This lasted all of 10 months. The truck was solid, although I spent a lot more time at the dealership with a few safety recalls, and one or two safety bulletins that needed addressing. One of the safety bulletins involved swapping out the taillights and for whatever reason, the technician didn't know what he was doing, and wound up putting 2 scratches on my rear quarter panel. The dealership acknowledged the scratches, and offered to repaint the fender, but it always seems like a repaint doesn't always work out, and I hated knowing that the scratches were back there. I also didn't realize that this truck was missing a very necessary option in the Texas summers, vented seats.

I reached out to the salesman that sold me the Pro-4X and asked him about a red one that had the coveted vented seats. He told me that he could get me into that Titan for another $100-$120 a month. He insisted that I was going into "much more truck" than what I was currently in. Seemed kind of odd, so I figured I'd do some shopping, certainly vented seats and a sunroof wasn't worth an extra $9000. Found a Platinum Reserve that a dealership insisted he was ready to move on. Went to go look at it, not as pretty a color as the blue, but it had a certain reserved brilliance to it.

View attachment 7471

I'm hoping this thing will last me a while, or at least until the microprocessor shortage is over. Glad to be here, and looking forward to seeing how Nissan navigates the next few decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts