Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday Info

Friday's are slow at work for me and I got access to the service dept. computer, If any one wants any info let me know I'll do a search and see If I can get you a answer or maybe a print out. ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slurppie said:
Do you recall the issue with the 2.5 and the cooling fans staying on constantly? I remember seeing a link for it somewhere.
Searching.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: Friday Info

Hardcore said:
Friday's are slow at work for me and I got access to the service dept. computer, If any one wants any info let me know I'll do a search and see If I can get you a answer or maybe a print out. ;)
This is old stuff BUT: About 2 months ago my ride was checked out by my dealer and approved for new shocks for the rear clunkin. Everything stock, no oversized rims or tires to void warranty, OK?

Now they are telling me they are waiting for Nissan to come through. Can you enlighten me as to any new progress with this CLUNKING problem?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anything about removing/installing the trunklid torsion bars? :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slurppie said:
Do you recall the issue with the 2.5 and the cooling fans staying on constantly? I remember seeing a link for it somewhere.
Found, Symptom:Cooling fans are on all the time. Incident Description: Cooling fans remain on low after initially coming on. Cooling fan will turn on when temp sensor is at 204 F. (spec. 203-210 F.). After engine cools down to 195 F. (spec. 201 F. or less) cooling fan will not turn off. Coolant Temp. Sensor will not lower to 195 F. or less even when cooling fans are on all the time. Possible Cause: Engine Thermostat. Repair Procedure: After replacing the thermostat, the cooling fan operates normally.
Source: Harbor Nissan, Charlotte Harbor, FL

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hardcore said:
By the way you ever get that done?
Was ready to last night, but rain and cold in the Chicago area prevented it. (No room in the garage right now). Hopefully, I'll be able to do this weekend.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Friday Info

Ratwayne said:
This is old stuff BUT: About 2 months ago my ride was checked out by my dealer and approved for new shocks for the rear clunkin. Everything stock, no oversized rims or tires to void warranty, OK?

Now they are telling me they are waiting for Nissan to come through. Can you enlighten me as to any new progress with this CLUNKING problem?
There's a TSB on rear suspension noise NTB02-062 I'm sure this is the procedure they did, it recommends new rear shocks. If that didn't work, which it sounds like it didn't, You'll just have to keep on em till they duplicate the problem. Sometimes if they can't fix it and you stay on them, they'll call in a Nissan rep. to help them figure it out.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slurppie said:
thanks, also maybe the instructions on how to perform the self diagnostics on the car would be very helpful.
There's really no specific instructions, You would have to start by using a scan tool to pull the codes. Then of course there's alot of codes out there, you got to have a service manual. Service manuals are available on CD now. But there priceee.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Okay I got one. Can you get more info on this perhaps how we can do it?

Adjustments to Computer Settings (must be performed by the dealer) - There are adjustments the dealer can make to your car, such as how long the head lights stay on in Auto-Off mode after you park your car, the length of time you have to hold the trunk release button on your key fob to open the trunk, as well as other settings.

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
Hardcore said:
There's really no specific instructions, You would have to start by using a scan tool to pull the codes. Then of course there's alot of codes out there, you got to have a service manual. Service manuals are available on CD now. But there priceee.
There is a self diagnositc that you can perform by inserting the key in the ign and turning it to the "ON" position without starting then press the driver door pin switch in 10 times (or some process like this), get out and close the door and the car will cycle through all sensors, lights, turn the fans on low/high and test windshield wipers. My salesman showed me a long time ago but I dont remember the actual process.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slurppie said:
There is a self diagnositc that you can perform by inserting the key in the ign and turning it to the "ON" position without starting then press the driver door pin switch in 10 times (or some process like this), get out and close the door and the car will cycle through all sensors, lights, turn the fans on low/high and test windshield wipers. My salesman showed me a long time ago but I dont remember the actual process.
OH, Ok let me check into that and see what I can find.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Buddy02 said:
Okay I got one. Can you get more info on this perhaps how we can do it?

Adjustments to Computer Settings (must be performed by the dealer) - There are adjustments the dealer can make to your car, such as how long the head lights stay on in Auto-Off mode after you park your car, the length of time you have to hold the trunk release button on your key fob to open the trunk, as well as other settings.
Hardcore don forget this one please!;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Buddy02 said:
Hardcore don forget this one please!;)
Working, Got lunch breaks comming up, Have to fill in for other people. It'll be a little bit before I post. Standby:)

1 - 20 of 157 Posts