Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since I'm picking up my classic this weekend, I'm getting the XE ready for sale. I've got no use for my DIY CAI anymore because the piping is too small to use on the SE-R. I'm gonna hang onto the filter and some of the fittings, but someone is welcome to the piping if they're willing to pay shipping. So far all I've got is the MAF to filter pipe. It's been painted black with 1200* engine paint. I've also got piping left that one could use to do the TB to MAF, this piping hasn't been painted though and would need the hose fittings put in. I'll have to weigh the stuff to see what shipping will cost, but you'd still be cheaper than buying the piping alone. If I were in the market I'd see what dho wants for his entire setup and if that's too much or been sold, buy my stuff. His is very nicely done, certainly one to copy when making one. Anyways, let me know if you want it and I'll let you know what the shipping will cost. Oh and if you know of anyone in the Omaha area who is looking for a sentra, let 'em know mine's for sale. :) I took real good care of it.

B

·
0 Posts
hey i am interested in the stuff. i was looking to make my own anyway but i think you are saving me the trouble. just let me know how much the shipping is and i will send you a money order. i hope you arent parting ways with the car for bad reasons (ie cant afford it, or anything like that:-() b/c they are good cars. so keep me posted please. [email protected]

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the car runs great and it's paid for. I'm buying a classic SE-R this weekend so I need the XE to move on. :( I'll let you know what the shipping will be.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was looking for the same thing, a home made Sentra GA16DE CAI. Has anyone designed one that is close to the AEM, HS, etc. design. I know dho made one but I'm not sure on the exact design besides the pics.
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2439

I want to have one that includes a bypass filter and doesn't require cutting into the wheel well or any part of the car or moving the battery. This seems like a good idea but it's for the Del Sol Honda engine

I may just try to make my own as well, it's much cheaper than the $250 for the AEM.

If anyone has designed one or knows a good site for design instructions for the GA16DE let us know!

Greg
------------------
Guess I'm a slow typer...watching TV doesn't help, I see bigsad posted the same design. :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Cutting a hole in the wheel well is necessary; that's where all the colder air is. The stock intake box has a plastic pipe that extends down a small hole in the chassis with a resonator box down below that theoretically serves as a CAI-type device. To get a filter down there, you have to cut another hole like that one.

B

·
0 Posts
i just wanted to make sure that you were still finding out the shipping cost. please email me when you do. thx

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Bigsad, been busy. Yeah, I'll weigh it today for you and let you know tonight.

B

·
0 Posts
oh also do you by any chance have pics of the piping. also is there holes already cut into the piping for the hoses?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to try and weigh that stuff after work today and when I do I'll take some pics and post them here for you. No, I never did the TB to MAF piping, so you'll have to do those connections.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too long. :) Cutting and fittng the pipe took awhile, and then painting took awhile. I wonder if dho still has his for sale, his was nice. Update for Bigsad, I spent 5 hours last night extracting the carpet and upholstery of my SE-R so I didn't make it to the P.O. to weigh the stuff. I'll take a few pics tonight and post them and I'll weigh the parts.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok I finally took some pics, here they be. I'm giving you the two fittings I used as well, those alone cost me about $14, the piping cost me about $30. You can use that long ass piece to do the TB to MAF pipe. The other pipes are painted with a few coats of DupliColor 1200 degree ceramic engine paint. It still comes off where the fittings are and I let them dry for a day before I put it in. Go figure. That white band is a section of PVC that brings the outer diameter up to 3" so that the filter would tighten down on it. Worked good, but when I took the filter off the band came loose. No biggie, squirt some more silicone caulk under there and tighten your filter down and it'll be fine.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just need your zip to figure postage.

A

·
0 Posts
i will be making my own cai just for the fun of it, if it works even better, you guys have inspired me so much

1 - 20 of 28 Posts