Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'd like to thank everybody for all the information you get out of here. Well my story started Jan 2 05 when my new frontier was stolen. I got it back in the middle of march after they fixed just about every piece on it. Well on April 6 I came around a sharp corner and swerved to miss a car on my side of the road. The truck lost control and I smaked a tree at about 20mph on the front left side. Whats so weird is the frame was bent severly right where the front cross member and the torsion bars meet. Only problem is when I looked it over the next day there was no crossmember and the left torsion bar was hanging down. Now My question is do any of you think that the crossmember could of possibly broke off or was this the fault of the body shop never putting it back on?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sounds like it might have gotten overlooked at the body shop. That's not something to just fall off of a vehicle. If they had your car stripped down as much as you say, it may have gotten lost and forgotten. I would go back and search where you had the accident just in case it broke off, but I think it wasn't put back on. It would definitely aid in you losing control, because of flexing. I would also ask the shop if they think it could have broken off. Just don't start accusing them right away. Don't want to p them off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts