Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
dude I can get four or more E16i's tomarrow for 150.00 each at my local wrecking yard. The E series is still very common in junk yards why would you pay that much for one plus you have to ship it and the ebay one was 150 just to ship.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
talking about e16 i got a e16 engine from b11sleeper but it needs a rebuild. my question is how hard is it to rebuild a engine i never done that before?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Nismo87R said:
talking about e16 i got a e16 engine from b11sleeper but it needs a rebuild. my question is how hard is it to rebuild a engine i never done that before?
If you take your time (and have the right tools) its not terribly difficult actually. If you are going to build it to OEM specs, it is not worth it as 30K motors are cheaper than rebuilding. If you are building it for force induction or otherwise big power, than that's another story.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
no i just want to rebuild it stock like i said i just want to have some fun before i swap in the ca18det(all over again)

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
another e-15
http://members.aol.com/simonsez6/japengp.htm#NISSAN[/url]

·
t3h r0XX0r!!
679 Posts
bII said:
If you take your time (and have the right tools) its not terribly difficult actually. If you are going to build it to OEM specs, it is not worth it as 30K motors are cheaper than rebuilding. If you are building it for force induction or otherwise big power, than that's another story.

pshaw! get on ebay. most of the bearings, rings, etc are there right now. you should be able to reuse most of the parts (check it out BEFORE buying things), without rework. a hone job on the cylinders, light polish on the crank, reuse the original pistons (if they're not horribly scuffed) and rods, and give 'er a valve job... not a whole lot to spend, really (especially if you get a good deal on a rebuilt head on ebay... i got a turbo head, rebuilt, fer $100.), just keep your eyeballs open.

·
sunny/ca18det swap soon
359 Posts
so what the hell do i really have to do to run the e15t head on the e16s block?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lazarus_023 said:
waaaayyyyy overpriced. blocks are NOT hard to come by. complete running engines, maybe.... but that's still an outrageous price.
i knew it was overpriced. And I tried looking for good blocks before and had a hard time...i dont count junkyards as good sources for engines personally.

·
Moved on...Ciao!
629 Posts
Most all Japanese crate engines are the E15...usually the turbo'd motor (Bored thru head between cylinders 2 and 3, coolant hole into special E15 manifold)...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts