Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've been looking for a 5-speed Nissan for awhile now and I came across this 92 NX1600 today. It's in good condition from what I can see, paint is in good condition, power stuff works, engine sounded nice. It has 99k miles on it.

Dealer wants 1900 but said he'd drop the price to about 1400 if I pay cash.

Since the car has the 1.6L engine instead of the 2L engine is it even worth a purchase?

I have a 98 Sentra GXE that I've been looking to sell or trade for a 5-speed one.

Is this worth it or should I just keep looking.
Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Personally I'm not to excited with they way the NX Coupe looks but if I was going to buy one I wouldn't want the 1.6L version. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The NX has great handling and, for summer drives, the T-roof is great. The 1.6 engine isn't as strong as the 2.0, but with modifications it can be a fun car. Like any Nissan, check the rear strut towers and the front pillars for rust.
Have fun looking.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 1600 that im converting it to 2000 spec. If you dig on having a very rear nissan than go for it. they also make a turbo kit and the time was 13.0 flatt.

·
In class
140 Posts
I've got a 1600, and I've been fairly pleased with it. Power isnt great, but it's not a total slug, either. There's a lot of room in it, I use it for hauling stuff to the track all the time. It's also pretty comfy for long drives, I take it everywhere and it gets good mileage. I paid 3000 for mine with similar miles 2 years ago. If you like it, go for it.

·
(_(_)===D ~~~`nissantuner
686 Posts
They are cool cars and converting to a 2.0 eventually isnt to hard my buddy did is sentra 1.6 not to long ago. But the little 1.6 can be built fast with a some cash. But you have to ask yourself do you want to just save up a lil more for a 2.0 in a sentra or another nx? Or are you gonna really build or swap that engine?

I ended up selling my 200sx 1.6 auto because I knew it would be cheaper for me at the time to just get a SER vs fixing it up. Luckily I found a nx2000 by just saving up and looking around

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
pass on it bro. keep saving and find a clean and as low miled nx2000 5 speed as you can. you will have a grin from ear to ear. guranteed.

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
STRATTON said:
pass on it bro. keep saving and find a clean and as low miled nx2000 5 speed as you can. you will have a grin from ear to ear. guranteed.

HEh! Yeah if he can ever find one!! I wont bore everyone here with how long it took me to find one that was worth buying...

·
(_(_)===D ~~~`nissantuner
686 Posts
Yea they are hard to find. I had my options open though when I got mine, I was like what ever comes first B13 SER or NX. Even was keeping in eye out for 240sx's back then they werent such a hot commodity.

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
when i first learned about the sr20de i checked out all chassis with em. drove a few classic sers a few 200 sers and a found a automatic saphire blue nx2k in the paper.i wasnt gonna pick it up i just went to go check one out he was asking 500 dollars with only 48k on the clock. but it agian it was autotragic. finally found another one on the net called the guy and felt he was asking to much. week went buy emailed him for some pics and said fuck it imma go check it out. my dad went with me took it for a spin and bought it on the spot. mint condition with 146k all together it took me 7 months to find what i was looking for. it was worth the wait. good luck bro. and dont settle for less. theres nothing like a clean 5 speed nx2k to make your day!

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
nizmo559 said:
Yea they are hard to find. I had my options open though when I got mine, I was like what ever comes first B13 SER or NX. Even was keeping in eye out for 240sx's back then they werent such a hot commodity.
Ill just say this...I bought my first NX2K and crashed and after a year of checking the Autotrader, AND cars.com EVERYDAY, and having my Friends on the SR20forum look out for another NX for me, and Driving up and down the east Coast looking at NX's I found mine! It took me a WHOLE year! I probably test drove at least 40 SR20 powerd cars in that time range!

If your first SR20 powerd car turns out to be an NX2K you will NEVER want a Se-R. The NX just spoils you. Having the top dropped in summer and listening to your car hit WOT is just priceless!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the inputs guys.

I think I'll just keep looking. A faster car is what I want. If I'm going to do this then Im going to do it right. I'll just keep looking until I find a car with an sr20 engine.
I think it will be cheaper to find a car with the sr20 rather than upgrading a ga16 to be faster.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
such haters... the GA is very capable and is not a motor to slouch at..NX's are hard enough to come by as it is....u found one in 5spd, for that cheap from a dealer...jump on it. it should even have some type of warranty(dealer purchase and all) i waited about a month or so to find my se-r. and i looked on autotrader, tradeexpress, cars.com, se-r.net, recyler, pennysaver, drove around town looking for somethin...came across a pretty clean se-r for 1500...i jumped on it..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts