Nissan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people are having the issue where the cruise control shuts off and the message “Forward driving aids disabled. Front sensor blocked” comes on. This happens every few miles now. Pulling over, shutting off the engine, and restarting it resets the system, but it cuts out again. Sometimes if I just keep driving, it will reset itself in a few miles. I’ve been back to Nissan several times, but they can’t fix it. Now they won’t even look at it saying all 2021 Rogues have this problem and that Nissan is looking for a fix. From what I’ve read, this problem has been around for a few years. I don’t like paying for something that doesn’t work.
This could also be a safety issue as the collision avoidance system also doesn’t work when this happens.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
Is your FEB icon flashing when this happens, or solid? If it's solid then it sounds like a radar problem, either bad aim or a defective unit. Unlike some earlier models using the Bosch radars, we haven't seen a whole lot of problems with the gen3 Rogue units. So unless weather is causing your blockages (nobody's radar systems work reliably in bad weather), that sounds like the dealer is song-and-dancing you. If the icon is flashing it's a different story, that means the Lane Cam is going blind. We have seen problems with those, primarily some units which overheat and cause the cam to think it's blocked even though it isn't.

· Registered
135 Posts
I have had it along with several other issues. The first time the dealer blamed a dirty windshield. It wasn't dirty though. The next time I was able to get them to reinstall the software for the forward collision system. The next time they replaced the front camera. I have only put 200 or so miles on it since that visit so I cannot say if it is fixed or not. These fixes however, were not done without much effort on my side to get them done.

Mine was only happening intermittently while it sounds like yours is going to act up on a test drive. That should help you get your system worked on without the effort I had to put in.

For me I am now going through the Lemon Law process to get Nissan to buy my car back.

If the icon is flashing it's a different story, that means the Lane Cam is going blind. We have seen problems with those, primarily some units which overheat and cause the cam to think it's blocked even though it isn't.
And this is what I was having for mine. The first time happened it was 70's and at 5am so still dark. The next time it was 80* but at night. The next time happened at 8am when it was 55* outside.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is your FEB icon flashing when this happens, or solid? If it's solid then it sounds like a radar problem, either bad aim or a defective unit. Unlike some earlier models using the Bosch radars, we haven't seen a whole lot of problems with the gen3 Rogue units. So unless weather is causing your blockages (nobody's radar systems work reliably in bad weather), that sounds like the dealer is song-and-dancing you. If the icon is flashing it's a different story, that means the Lane Cam is going blind. We have seen problems with those, primarily some units which overheat and cause the cam to think it's blocked even though it isn't.
The icon is blinking. This happens in good weather, rainy weather, day or night, summer or winter. It really doesn’t matter. The front radar sensor behind the grill was replaced.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
If it's blinking then the radar isn't causing it, the Lane Cam is the only thing which will cause a blinking FEB. The cam is located above the inside rear-view, feel the housing when the cam misbehaves. Warm to the touch is okay, very warm or hot means it's overheating and probably blinding itself.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's blinking then the radar isn't causing it, the Lane Cam is the only thing which will cause a blinking FEB. The cam is located above the inside rear-view, feel the housing when the cam misbehaves. Warm to the touch is okay, very warm or hot means it's overheating and probably blinding itself.
I’ll check that next time it happens.

· Registered
3,822 Posts
The cams don't always realize they're too hot to see anything, or that their internal power supply is too hot to work right. So it's a crapshoot whether you get messages or not. The only time they should heat up in normal circumstances is if the car has been baking in the sun, then a message and lamp right after startup can happen. That's normal and there's nothing you can do about it. I believe there's a caution about that in the OM. If it's getting hot enough to go blind under any other circumstances, the internal power supply has a problem and the cam should be replaced.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cams don't always realize they're too hot to see anything, or that their internal power supply is too hot to work right. So it's a crapshoot whether you get messages or not. The only time they should heat up in normal circumstances is if the car has been baking in the sun, then a message and lamp right after startup can happen. That's normal and there's nothing you can do about it. I believe there's a caution about that in the OM. If it's getting hot enough to go blind under any other circumstances, the internal power supply has a problem and the cam should be replaced.
I occasionally do get a message at startup saying “Not available. Cabin temperature too high” or something close to that. But in every case, the car was either in the shade, or it was cool outside.

· Registered
135 Posts
I occasionally do get a message at startup saying “Not available. Cabin temperature too high” or something close to that. But in every case, the car was either in the shade, or it was cool outside.
That is the kind o message i was referring to. Same of it not being hot or even day time. The dealer mentioned the baking in the sun too. I asked so how's that work when it happens at night? We both laughed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts