Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you want to install an oil temp and oil psi gauge on your GA.. You can do it the way I did(go to my site) or you can use a nifty little product from Greddy. PN # 12002734 It is a adapter that you put between your oil filter and your engine block. It has ports for the gauge senders. List price is $68.00, but thats a hell of alot cheaper than my setup.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Hey, if I can give you some critisizism, youre site with the pictures is too large for my screen setting of 1024 x 768, and I have to move the scroll bars from left to right, right to left, etc. I just feel for the people that run 800 x 600. Maybe you can put the captions under the pictures, that would really clear up your site. Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
option no#2

hey is that a sandwich type peice[meaning that the filter attaches back on it?]you dont think their be any clearnce problems?..it looks simpler than your other set up...{kiss rule; keep it simple stupid}not you but the thingy..were did you find that at and are you sure it'll fit the ga?..i know its alot of ?'s but i like to know befor hand about what im getting into..{the only dumb ? is the ? not asked!!!!}..

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SXSENIS, I found it here http://www.nipponpower.com among other places. I belvive there would be plenty of room for it. It would only add about 2". It says it fits most nissans, and since most modern Nissans use the same size filter you will be all set, but you may need to use a different filter with it. Yeah my setup is a little wild, but it would be really easy to add an oil cooler if I ever wanted to because alls I would need would be the cooler, thermostat, and different lines. for all those interested the thread size/pitch on GA(All Nissan I think) filter is 20mm(pretty sure)

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I almost wish I would have found that before I built my beast... oh well trial and error :)

Hey Mike Y, does project 200SX have an oil temp gauge? If so what are the temps under hard use??

Mike D, yeah I dont see why not :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: For those that want an easy way to install oil psi and oil temp guages. Look here!

Sweet... Another part I need to complete my guage install! Thanks for finding this product. Time to order! :D

PatScottAKA99XE said:

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JD4,
Tell us how it works out, and what size filter it takes if/when you get it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Easy gauge install

Hey Pat,

I'm assuming that the "ports" you mention are for mechanical gauges--right?

I'm allergic to those fluid-filled tubes coming through my firewall; I just won't do it that way.

But I do intend to add better gauges (an Omori tach & voltmeter, plus Isspro water temperature & oil pressure).

So I can keep my oil idiot light & the stock water temperature gauge, can you point me in the direction of decent t-connections for the new oil pressure & water temperature senders? The senders are supposed to be included, but I figure the more I know on this (such as the thread size, etc) the better. I'm ordering these things by mail, so I want to be painfully specific.

Thanks for your expertise.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Easy gauge install

92 Sinatra said:
Hey Pat,

I'm assuming that the "ports" you mention are for mechanical gauges--right?

I'm allergic to those fluid-filled tubes coming through my firewall; I just won't do it that way.

But I do intend to add better gauges (an Omori tach & voltmeter, plus Isspro water temperature & oil pressure).

So I can keep my oil idiot light & the stock water temperature gauge, can you point me in the direction of decent t-connections for the new oil pressure & water temperature senders? The senders are supposed to be included, but I figure the more I know on this (such as the thread size, etc) the better. I'm ordering these things by mail, so I want to be painfully specific.

Thanks for your expertise.
I "think" the ports are for electrical as well. I am not sure what size senders Greddy uses(anyone know), but I can tell you that all of my Autometer senders are 1/8" NPT. As for "T" fittings you can make your own for the oil gauge. I have the parts here so I will "mock" one up and send you some pics. AS for the water temp sender, I know of no "T" fittings that you could use(I have looked alot), the reason is the thread pitch that Nissan uses for their water temp sender. Its M10X1.25 Autometer's adapter for M10 is 1.00 pitch. Check out my other post about water temp senders. I think I may have found a solution.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1997 GA16DE said:
sounds good, but being new to this kinda stuff, what kind of oil temp/pressure is a good readout (with and without a turbo)
Oil temp.. for synthetic anywhere between 150 and 270 is where synthetic works best. Organic is 150 to 240.

psi At idle with and oil at normal operating temp 7-27 psi. My car runs at about 25

At 3000 rpm 50-64 psi. my car runs about 60

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Classic XE,

Where I installed it is not on the "tech" page only how. You can somewhat see in on my "whats new" page. Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts