Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sup,

Here is the current status. Well I was gonna(and did) build a "T" with brass pipe fittings. The idea was to take out the stock oil psi swith and replace it with the "T",then put the stock switch and the new sender into the "T". Well I thought about that and said"lots of chances for leaks(about 6 fittings), and the new sender is the electical type so its a big heavy part". The other problem: pulling my oil pan to make a fitting for the temp sender. I figured that it might have some problems due to engine vibration. The fix: I got a remote oil filter mount kit from Summit Racing, also a dual inet,dual outlet oil filter block,from the local parts store. What I am going to do is: Connect the 2 lines from the kit into the 4 port block, and use the unused ports for the 2 senders(psi and temp). To fix the probem of supporting the new psi sender with its threads, I bought a piece of braided steel line with the right fittings fromt Summit Racing(Its an Auto-Meter part) so I can remote mount the new sender. As for the water temp sender: undecided. A bonus is that it looks like I will still be able to use the same OEM oil filter. For those of you who dont want to do the remote filter mount: build the "T" and use the braided steel line part. I will have an article,pics,part numbers, basicly everything you need to do this up on my site(or Sentra.net hint,hint Scott), and both configurations. As for not pulling the pan for a temp, maybe it could be incorperated into the "T". For those of you that havent heard of my lil gauge project, check out my site for info on the guages themselves, and for a pic of my real carbon fiber mounting plate. Now if only UPS could find my house...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts