Nissan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST: What's wrong with this picture? (Besides the fact that it's outlook :rolleyes: )

SECOND: How do I fix it?

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If all the email messages are read, then the Inbox will show that there are -4 emails still unread. =)

Currently, it shows 3 unread emails, but in actuality, you can see that there are at least 7 that are unread.

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
1. "Jason" needs to be more original with his tracking numbers, and Kathy needs to get of Jason's sack.

2. You need to download Mozilla or Thunderbird mail and set up junk mail filters.

3. deal with it. junkmail's not going away soon.

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt93SE said:
1. "Jason" needs to be more original with his tracking numbers, and Kathy needs to get of Jason's sack.

2. You need to download Mozilla or Thunderbird mail and set up junk mail filters.

3. deal with it. junkmail's not going away soon.

Ummm there's no junkmail showing man.
:fluffy:

·
Registered
39 Posts
What you wanna do is figure what PST file youre using in outlook.
It is probably in:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost

SHUT DOWN OUTLOOK!!

Now run SCANPST (C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033)
or find the location if its not there

Put in your PST location and let it run.
If that doesn't solve the issue, you may want to recreate the PST file and resync with Exchange server.

If you're not using Exchange, are you using IMAP or POP?
Hope this helps

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Above didn't work. I'm using exchange 5.5

Oh and does anybody know how to start in the inbox by default? It's opening on the outlook today screen and nobody uses that...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't remember for sure in Outlook 2k, but the startup option should be under TOOLS | OPTIONS on one of the tabs. Make sure you're set to view all folders and all mail. I wanna see the INBOX under your PST.

·
DNE Boy
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I got that problem fixed. now I still have the negative numbers... I've updated the image above.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can try this, I'm not sure how successful it will be though:

1. Select all messages in Inbox
2. Right-click on a message and select "Mark as Unread"
3. Restart M$ Outlook
4. Select all messages in Inbox
5. Right-click on a message and select "Mark as Read"

Let me know how it works, and I'll see if I can find a solution for you. Another recommendation is to upgrade to at least M$ Exchange Server 2k.

·
Registered
19 Posts
my outlook breaks up attachments in 16kb sections.....REAL annoying. When i send a picture it sends like 20 emails. any clue how to fix this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
e34bmw_a33max said:
my outlook breaks up attachments in 16kb sections.....REAL annoying. When i send a picture it sends like 20 emails. any clue how to fix this?
Sounds like a server setting to me (that you can't control.) Usually implemented in bandwidth-restricted scenarios.

·
Registered
19 Posts
t56gen3 said:
Sounds like a server setting to me (that you can't control.) Usually implemented in bandwidth-restricted scenarios.
That's weird considering we use cable. This problem just recently started, I'll check with the ISP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts