Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright this is my first kill, i have a 93 sentra se, some chrome hubcaps and a loud ass glass pack and tip, plus a bumpin system. alright so im minded my on business on the free way when i get behind an old accord like a 92 or so, where doin bought 70 because this slow ass caddy was in front of us, the caddy moves over and he takes off, i caught up to him about half a mile and we slow done a little, i was right on his ass when he trys to take off again, well he didnt this time cause i hit the overdrive switch and was all over his ass, so were doin bout 120 and he finally shifts into 5th gear and a big puff of smoke comes out his tail pipe, i get over in the other lane and wave bye to him as im doin 130 now. keep in mind my car is pretty stock. damn hondas think there the shit, the only thing i noticed was he had some 17 in white tenzo rims.

hondas are like assholes everyone has them

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
I don't believe the B13 Automatics have speed limiters. I've seen one go up to 123 (mine) but that was going down hill off an overpass trying to get around a lot of cars that were doing 80-90 in the merging lane. Those honda dudes don't let you over when you're going the speed limit with your BLINKERS ON!!!

I usually stay below 10mph over the speed limit. My car doesn't seem to like the higher speeds with my upgraded rack & pinion & directional tread. Also, I think there's something wrong with my alignment. Stupid Midas!

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
never quite figured out exact numbers... if you're coming down a hill the speed from the gravity pulling you may push the car beyond the speed limiter but not by much... I've heard 109, 117 and now this guy has done 130... I've done 115 but that was down hill. Sentra.net says its 109 and they have more experience so I'd give it to the 109 and raise the BS flag on those other figures.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
I think I heard that the b13 would have a higher speed limiter than the b14. Also, sentra.net loves doing things to the B14 rather than the b13.

I do remember one time, I was sitting at 105 for a while and then after a minute or so it started climbing up to 115 or so. I also had 16 inch rims on then I think... so things could be different with different tires?

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
I think the speed limiter is the same for both b13 and b14.....unless that guy who raced that accord has a jwt ecu then I wouldn't call bs.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
I think the time that I hit 123 or whatever was when I had my full stereo, it consisted of:

1200 watt amp (12lbs)
640 watt amp (6lbs)
2 yellow top optima batteries (50lbs each)
Dual 10" vented box made of 3/4" mdf (40lbs)
Capacitor (2lbs)
False 1/2" plywood floor (40lbs)
2 - 10" Dayton Titanic 1000 Subs (14lbs each)

I think everything weighted close to 228lbs plus the wiring, speakers, head unit, and of course the other junk in the car. Go check out my website, http://1minute.com/dan/ you'll see my car lowered with eibach sportlines and the rear sits lower than normal.

I cut my stereo down to:
640 watt amp
1 - yellow top optima
single sealed 10" box 1" mdf
capacitor
1 piece of plywood
1 - 10" titanic

·
Registered
46 Posts
i'm not too familiar with speed limiters, but i have pushed my 92 SE to 125mph with no signs of any fuel cut off. it took a while to get there but it reached fast enough to beat an ek civic ex. i bought the car used but i doubt the previous owner did anything to it.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Nice kill anyways!!!!!!! I like rolling my B12 w/ da' big dogs (Supras, 300zx's, RX7's and any sports car over $35,000) not hondas. Or even hondas with about $25,000 worth of turbo stuff and block-guards and VTiKKKK controllers and sick body kits with crazy negative camber only to get munched by a b12 4dr w/ rust spots on the hood :D And then they finally catch up to you because you don't want to play anymore and they cut you off or revv their pathetic VTiKKK B16a, B18c series to let you know that you're an [email protected]$hole for smoking him so wickedly.

Quote for the day: Love your sentra or spank the monkey!!

boost_boy and his sick B12's

1 - 20 of 29 Posts