Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my custom intake system i made out of 2.5'' turbo piping and silicone tubing connectors, i didnt use any specific bends just cut my bends out of 90 degree elbows and the only modding i had to do was to the stock metal flange on the maf sensor (just bend it out and cut the section that gets too warped)

here are some pics

MAF sensor

bend down to the fender

in the fender (90 degree bend toward the front of the bumper)

from the front of the bumper looking in

·
Registered
734 Posts
the only problem i see with that is your filter is not protected from road trash (dirt, water, etc.) i take it you didnt have room to keep the splash guard on?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent had time to put it on, it will fit and my water bypass valve is on the way and im gonna put a waterproof pre-filter sleeve on it

·
Registered
734 Posts
i havent had time to put it on, it will fit and my water bypass valve is on the way and im gonna put a waterproof pre-filter sleeve on it
good idea.........i need to order a waterproof sleeve also.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks brodude haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
that how i had mine but i didnt have to tie it to my strut bar anymore but i have to do something causes i do hear it vibrating..... and you guys mention about a water bypass....um unlucky me it started to RAIN HARD and i hit puddle so hard i dont know if it was the force of water slowing down my car or water going into the filter ....or combination of both lol...but yea please tell me more about this water by pass think gonna need it...tommrow i am going to fix it to prevent as much water i can from getting in there...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much would u say everything costed you as a whole?
well i allreaddy had the piping and most of the clamps and the filter so it probibly cost 5$ at max for the clamps i didnt have....oh the one boot i didnt have, that was like 7$

if you buy a piping kit on ebay they are like 80 bucks or less doesnt matter, just cut the pipes and piece them together to make fit

this is the water bypass valve and a waterproof sleve
eBay Motors: Outerwears Water Repellant Pre-Filter 20-1090-01 (item 300252344271 end time Nov-19-08 16:51:26 PST)
(yes its a ATV part)

eBay Motors: AEM 2.75" AIR INTAKE BYPASS VALVE COLD AIR SHORT RAM (item 250319671028 end time Nov-10-08 12:36:14 PST)

and some info on it
AEM Air-Bypass Valve - Tech - Sport Compact Car Magazine

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in the spring im going to make a splitter and a duct for the port in the bumper to surround the filter and allow some air to pass through and make a port to cool the brakes

(sorry cant find pics)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts