Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have a 02 Spec v With Dc sport headers. I was wondering how you all are avoiding that nasty engine CEL p0037, HOS2 Sensor 2 Heater bank 1 voltage low.

Its the second oxygen sensor that is supposed to go right after the cat. I have tried the spark plug fouler mod but it doesn't seem to work for me. I have also tried with a barrage of resistors that people say work but they don't does anyone else have any insight on this?
thanks
Jason

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i actually checked the fuses and what i did was i swapped o2 sensor 1 with the 2nd one yesterday to see if i could get the code thrown for the first or the second one. Seems that it still is the 2nd on and not the rear one. These o2 sensors were recently replaced as well.. they worked before i removed the cat problem. So i am out of ideas at the moment

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And also The second o2 sensor is under the car? How many o2 sensors are there?
I thought 2nd one was right after the "precat" in the header

·
Registered
790 Posts
for 02-03s both o2 sensors are on the header just as you described. For 04-06s the second one is placed downstream under the car but before the secondary/main cat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. So you think it could be anything else? Some one said it could be a ecu problem which i highly doubt but it seems that its very hard to get rid of this code... I have almost tried everything both sensors are in fully operational status. I wont be able to pass emissions with this light on!

any input would be helpful thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts