Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just discovered a damp carpet mat on the drivers footwell of my '01 Pathfinder LE.
So I picked up the interior carpeting (down to bare metal) and it's soaking wet down there, also a bit rusty, so it's been ongoing for a while.

Any thoughts on how I can find this leak?

Passenger side is dry-

TIA

·
Registered
59 Posts
I once had a vehicle that got wet on the passenger side floor and it turned out the windshield seal had become dislodged. The windshield was reset and it was fine. The dealer said that aggressive car washes - the kind with hi speed brushes - can dislodge a WS but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Usually the car goes to a brushless wash, so I don't think it's a windshield issue.

Does anyone here know how to check for a blocked AC drain in a 2001 Pathfinder?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm a newbie to this forum. Going around the site, I found this problem. I have the same on the Passenger side. The door well has a gap under the hinges, mine was full of leaves & thosae dam maple tree Poly-Noses. They eventually brokedown into silt which clogged the weep hole in the door well. Clean that 'real good" soak with a hose and see the water drain from the windshield into the door well and out the weep hole. I found that - at least I think that's it b/c it's happened again. My mechanic told me about this. The weep hole is right behind the Slapguard - I think that cakes up with snow and ice and then the snowmelt or rain backs up into the well and into the car under the carpet. BTW, you need to lift thate carpet, chnage the padding, dry out the carpet and replace. or You WILL get a terrible mildewy smell very soon. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 99 pathfinder with the same problem on my drivers side foot well. It only happens when its raining or after driving in the rain. The carpet will be significantly wet and I cannot locate where the leak is coming from. I have replaced the whole a/c, heater, and blower unit so I know its not coming from there. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Silver & Black: Check the door well area below the hinges. There is a gap there where leaves and such fill it and the weep hole underneath it clogs. The water backs up into the floor area. Check the windshield seal as others have said. On another forum, one member said the water was seeping in through the moonroof channels along the roof pillars and into the floor. Is it wet below the carpet or on top? If it is below - then its from the issue I described, the windshield seal or moonroof. Hope that helps. In fact, I have cleaned that wheel well area and after pulling the carpet and replacing the padding 2X, it happened again. After doing the above, I would run a hose over the windshield and water did NOT seep in. So I believe that snow cakes on the underside near the mudguard, clogs the weep hole again and the water is seeping in as that wheel weel fills and retains water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts