Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V. Want to be able to have the foglights turn on with the parking lights and wire some additional lights to the same switch. Anyone have a link or know how to do the mod?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had it done this summer, it was fairly easy....speak with dictoresno on b15sentra.net cause he helped do mine :)

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
When I bought my 88 200SX SE, the dealer option Bosch foglights were wired to only work when the headlights were on. I assume they're still wired that way from the factory to comply with various regulations. I don't know how the newer foglights are set up but I have a seperate pull-out switch on the dash for mine. I traced the wires and discovered a single wire running from the left headlight to the foglight switch. I quick voltage test showed that this wire carried a 12-volt low-amp signal to the switch, so that the foglights would only turn on if that voltage was present, i.e., the headlights were on. Once I figured out how it worked, it was a simple matter to cut that signal wire and splice in a new wire, which I ran to the fusebox and patched into a switched circuit which was hot when the ignition was on. Ta-da, my foglights now function independently of the headlights AND parking lights, though since I usually only have the fogs on w/ no headlights if it's dusk or a rainy day, I usually have the parking lights on with them, but I like to be able to make that decision instead of having it made for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts